“Sweet Short Stay”

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Arrived late in the evening and one of the porters had taken my bag inside :) Check in was fast and efficent. I forgotten his name but he had given me a late check out! Thank you, it was much needed. I had breakfast and the layout was great. Alot of options and probably the only hotel I have seen so far that has Nutella which is a extra bonus. Came back later than the check out time because of a meeting which was okay with the staff. All staff were great! Thanks to the porter for dropping my bags into the taxi Saturday morning. Happy fella! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear "DanieeTavita",

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience and that the offer of a late departure was helpful.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just recently my wife, adult daughter and I stayed at the Pullman Hotel.
Emma our daughter had a university graduation ceremony to attend just close by.
The beds were great, the view was wonderful and overall the experience was well worthy of recommendation.
We were most impressed with the Roger & Gallet toiletries available in the bathroom.
The concierge was truly first class.
We required their services several times, and to have the ability to leave our car with the hotel till the ceremony was complete.
Nothing was any bother. We thank all the staff for a job well done.
We recommend to all visitors in Auckland to seriously consider the Pullman Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear "AllanF369",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family to the Pullman Auckland. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay.

I hope Emma very much enjoyed her graduation day. You must have been very proud parents!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We arrived following 10 hours on the Northern Explorer train at about 2300 and checked in at reception. The bar and foyer area were buzzing and we were assisted to our room and very nice it was too. It was to be our home for 6 nights, all we wanted at that point was a shower and room service except we had requested a walk in shower and chair for my wife, no chair. I flopped into an armchair whilst reading the food offer and the chair almost collapsed under me. We had requested twin beds and they were made up as a double so I thought I would hang up some of our clothes in the wardrobe no chance as the sliding doors were off their rollers. Now granted all of the above were corrected in the blink off an eye but surely as I pointed out someone should check the room and it not be the incoming Paying Guest! It is clearly a very busy/ bustling hotel, quite modern and functional and yes we would stay there again if the opportunity arose. But surely just attention to detail and we would have rated the experience as excellent

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear "Ray B",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the hotel. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies that there were a few areas in the room that needed attention once you had checked in, and that some of your requests had not been set up in the room. While we thoroughly check each and every room prior to our guests' arrival to ensure that the room is absolutely perfect, it is unfortunate that on some occasions, certain things may then not work as they should, post room inspection.

We very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Pullman Auckland. We would love you to score us as excellent on your next stay! If there is anything I may assist with in the future, please contact me on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz

With kind regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank p_pebbles
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Very nice, modern hotel. Can't really complain about anything except for the fact the bar isn't 24/7 and we were getting threatened that the police will be called as we were too noisy even though we were hardly talking. Went to a friends floor and could smell illegal substances, bet they didn't get threatened for that but we did. Other than that, was a good stay but I prefer the Langham

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear "Altomatum",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

While the bar officially closes at 12.30am, our guests may still enjoy a beverage from Room Service until the hours of 4am, as outlined by the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.

I can assure you that should our Security team ever come across a guest who is in the possession of illegal substances, the authorities would be called immediately, as the safety and comfort of our guests is of paramount importance.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com

Reviewed May 3, 2014

The hotel is well presented and the staff friendly and treat you really well. The main disadvantage is that the rooms are noisy. Others staying there said the same. The sound proof of the rooms is poor which is unusual these days. So take your earplugs.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear "Caroline S",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel. Our team will be delighted with your kind comments.

As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you could send me a quick email confirming your booking details so I may allocate you a quieter room on a future visit. While most of our rooms are quiet, there are some that are in quieter locations of the hotel, so I want to ensure that you stay in one of these should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back. My email address is c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz