“Good Hotel Needs Refurbishment”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersSilver level
chennai
“Good Hotel Needs Refurbishment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Reached the hotel around 11.00am and check in was very fast and before we reach our room our luggages were in the room, which I have not seen in 98% of hotels. Room is very spacious and had a spacious hall with TV and sofa. The gym is well equiped and maintained. We did not received news paper. Bed and Pillows are very clean and carpets and furnitures need replacement or refurbishment. Staff are very co-operative and their bar has variety of drinks. Like all hotels in Auckland there is no free parking. I was told that the new wing is much better and had no chance to visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear "selvan_koilpillai",

Thank you for your taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at the Pullman Auckland. It was a pleasure to welcome you to the hotel.

Please let me know when you look to book your next stay with us as I would be delighted to meet with you on arrival to showcase a selection of our rooms. We are fortunate to have both traditional and contemporary rooms available for our guests depending on their preferences. My email address is c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz.

Kind regards,

Quality and Attitude Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

As other reviewers have noted the staff are friendly, efficient and very helpful. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed our time there. The wifi in room was free and functioned well. You could pay for a faster connection but I found the free one more than adequate. The bathroom amenities were of really good quality - sometimes those small attentions to detail make all the difference!

I also had two treatments at the spa which were superb. I go to spa's quite regularly and I thought the therapist were particularly skilful and friendly.

If I have to make one small criticism....... I thought the cooked breakfast was rather mediocre and Luke warm. My tip would be to go the omelette station and get something freshly cooked.

Overall though a good stay and I would return there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear "jacquelynrose",

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am delighted that you had wonderful stay. I will share your kind comments with the team. I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff, as we continue working passionately every day to provide a memorable experience for our guests.

I have also made a note regarding your feedback about the cooked breakfast and we will ensure that this this does not happen again in the future.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

West Palm Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I am only writing this review because the people at reception were so incredible. They were always helpful and very nice. I wish I always got such great service at a hotel!

As for the room, we had a couple issues. The shower handle would come off with a slight touch and a light switch was broken. The location was also up a huge hill which was a bit much with a stroller. Still a great hotel and decent location for downtown.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear "patricklirish",

Thank you for your outstanding review of the Pullman Auckland. Your kind comments brought a huge smile to my face.

On behalf of the hotel team, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards,

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Great stay while in Auckland. Room clean (Just one point the fan in the bathroom could do with a clean) but otherwise great. Restaurant could do with more gluten free food. Concierge service and front desk staff went beyond the call of duty to assist at all times. Very impressed with their service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear "Eltekay",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Pullman Auckland. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the hotel.

As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you could email me the name in which your reservation was made. While we do have a selection of gluten free dishes and items, I would like to ensure that on your next stay, we have a selection of your preferred choice.

With kind regards,