“Adequate accommodation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wollongong, Australia
“Adequate accommodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Location close to the city is good. Service satisfactory but they mixed up my departure date with my request for a shuttle bus booking to the airport. Don't eat in the restaurant - there are plenty of good cafes etc nearby at better prices. Beware rooms on the far (eastern?) side of the hotel in Waterloo Quadrant, as you'll be awoken at 5am with the sound of what seems like rubbish trucks revving, crunching & grinding!! I requested a replacement room which was addressed promptly & was a much better room.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear “Siobhan G”,

First of all I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing the Pullman Auckland when travelling to the ‘City of Sails’. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to promptly move you to a more suitable and quiet room. Please accept my sincere apologies that an error was made regarding your shuttle bus booking. I trust this was resolved immediately.

As I am unable to tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, I would be grateful if you would kindly send me an email with the date and name of your recent reservation. I would like to ensure that on all future stays, we reserve a quieter room for you, and make a note of any other preferences you may have in order to make your stays extra comfortable. (c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz)

With kind regards,

Quality and Attitude Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here on the 21st December for one night. Got a 30% off accor special including breakfast, for a superior room.

Friendly and helpful reception. Got upgraded to an Executive Suite in the Pullman Tower which was a nice surprise, room was a great size being the size of two standard rooms. Super comfy beds.

Perhaps the rooms in this original wing are getting a little on the tired side. Carpets reasonably worn, marks on the walls, nice furniture in the room but maybe lacking in a bit of 'luxury' touches in the room and for example there was an entrance glass small table that had nothing on it and looked quite sparse (surely a glass sculpture or something similar?) Also a few magazines would be a nice touch.

I guess what I'm touching on here is with a 5 star property it is lacking those extra little luxury touches that you might expect and make the difference between a 4 and 5 star property, however for the price paid on this booking I can't really fault.

Pool/Spa facilities are superb this is a great area of the property.

Breakfast was included in the café this was of a pretty good standard however it would be nice if coffee was offered rather than having to ask for it.

Overall an enjoyable stay - just a few points to improve on but once again for the price paid was very happy with the value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floor for a better view. Residence Tower would be the pick for rooms if you can afford the ex...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear “auckguy1”,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and the team took extra special care of you and your family. The Spa at the Pullman is one of my favourite areas of the hotel – fantastic that you had an opportunity to experience this tranquil and relaxing urban oasis.

I am pleased to let you know that while the bedrooms were refurbished in 2010, we are in the planning stages of a refurbishment to the hotel tower. In the meantime, I will share some of your points with the team so we can better serve you in the future.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

This was about my 5th time staying at this hotel and unless there is a serious makeover and upgrade to the rooms, restaurant and overall appearance then I'm afraid that it will be my last. While the staff are friendly enough and as accomodating as they can be the bottom line is that overall the entire place has been ridden hard and put away wet.
Location is OK, just a short walk to town but beware walking back up the hill if you have been out all day, it's a hike back up there.
Cannot recomend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Director of Operations at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear "ArthurKemish",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on our hotel. While I am pleased that you find our team friendly and accommodating, I was disappointed to read that certain facilities in the hotel are not up to your expectations. Our Café Restaurant, Omni Bar and Lobby have recently been refurbished and we often receive positive feedback regarding the service and style of these areas. While the hotel bedrooms were refurbished in 2010, I am delighted to let you know that we are in the planning stages of a refurbishment to the rooms in the hotel tower.

As you know, we cannot tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review. If you do not mind, I would be most appreciative if you could send me a quick e-mail (z.lumsden@pullmanauckland.co.nz) so we can liaise direct. We would very much like to welcome you back to the Pullman Auckland and perhaps one of our rooms in the Residence Tower will be more suitable for future stays.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Zac Lumsden
Director of Operations
Appleby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Fantastic location and hotel, service was a little disappointing, I returned to my room at 4pm and it still hadn't been made up, and both mornings at breakfast I had to prove i'd prepaid and wasn't served coffee on the second morning, despite reminding the waiter.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com

PullmanAucklandHotel, Director of Operations at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear "David John T",

Thank you for choosing the Pullman Auckland for your recent stay in the city. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies that your room was serviced later than you expected and that you were not offered coffee during breakfast. Please be rest assured that this is not of our usual standard in The Cafe Restaurant.

As you know, we cannot tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review. If you do not mind, I would be most appreciative if you could send me a quick e-mail on z.lumsden@pullmanauckland.co.nz so I may investigate further your breakfast experience and ensure that on future stays, our Housekeeping team arrange to service your room in the morning.

In the meantime, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Zac Lumsden
Director of Operations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Is not the first time I've used Pullman Hotel for business. In this occasion, the VFX artist and website designer that works for my company stayed for one week.
We had several business meetings over breakfasts and dinners. He was appointed a beautiful suite with fantastic views of the city and the Gardens of the Old Government House. Sometimes we had to work straight through in his suite with no chance to go to The Cafe Restaurant on the Lobby level. We didn't have to worry because Room Service was great, delicious food delivered in no time. Buffet breakfast at the restaurant is well presented, good selection of delicious cold and hot food and my compliments to the Chef... the Bircher Muesli absolutely fantastic ! The same recognition for the Caesar Salad that I've enjoyed during dinner and the other delicious meals we had, top of the top.
In the same way, the fantastic service from the staff. They've looked after us in a formidable way, the Front Office Manager Sevag outstanding and his entire team, Reception and Concierge, first-class !
Everyone looked after us in a professional and caring way, they were very helpful when in need; they all deserve a star.
My guest didn't stop raving about his stay at the Pullman Hotel and he is looking forward for his next visit. I can't blame him.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear "Alexander D",

Wow! Thank you for the amazing review. The team and I are truly humbled by your kind words and are delighted that you very much enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you look to book your next stay, as I will be pleased to ensure that you and your colleagues are comfortable and have everything you need to ensure another successful visit. (c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz)

In the meantime, the team and I wish you a fantastic, festive season!