“Enjoyable night in the city!”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here on the 21st December for one night. Got a 30% off accor special including breakfast, for a superior room.

Friendly and helpful reception. Got upgraded to an Executive Suite in the Pullman Tower which was a nice surprise, room was a great size being the size of two standard rooms. Super comfy beds.

Perhaps the rooms in this original wing are getting a little on the tired side. Carpets reasonably worn, marks on the walls, nice furniture in the room but maybe lacking in a bit of 'luxury' touches in the room and for example there was an entrance glass small table that had nothing on it and looked quite sparse (surely a glass sculpture or something similar?) Also a few magazines would be a nice touch.

I guess what I'm touching on here is with a 5 star property it is lacking those extra little luxury touches that you might expect and make the difference between a 4 and 5 star property, however for the price paid on this booking I can't really fault.

Pool/Spa facilities are superb this is a great area of the property.

Breakfast was included in the café this was of a pretty good standard however it would be nice if coffee was offered rather than having to ask for it.

Overall an enjoyable stay - just a few points to improve on but once again for the price paid was very happy with the value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floor for a better view. Residence Tower would be the pick for rooms if you can afford the ex...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear “auckguy1”,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and the team took extra special care of you and your family. The Spa at the Pullman is one of my favourite areas of the hotel – fantastic that you had an opportunity to experience this tranquil and relaxing urban oasis.

I am pleased to let you know that while the bedrooms were refurbished in 2010, we are in the planning stages of a refurbishment to the hotel tower. In the meantime, I will share some of your points with the team so we can better serve you in the future.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Carly Saunders
Quality and Attitude Manager

There are newer reviews for Pullman Auckland

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This was about my 5th time staying at this hotel and unless there is a serious makeover and upgrade to the rooms, restaurant and overall appearance then I'm afraid that it will be my last. While the staff are friendly enough and as accomodating as they can be the bottom line is that overall the entire place has been ridden hard and put away wet.
Location is OK, just a short walk to town but beware walking back up the hill if you have been out all day, it's a hike back up there.
Cannot recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Director of Operations at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear "ArthurKemish",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on our hotel. While I am pleased that you find our team friendly and accommodating, I was disappointed to read that certain facilities in the hotel are not up to your expectations. Our Café Restaurant, Omni Bar and Lobby have recently been refurbished and we often receive positive feedback regarding the service and style of these areas. While the hotel bedrooms were refurbished in 2010, I am delighted to let you know that we are in the planning stages of a refurbishment to the rooms in the hotel tower.

As you know, we cannot tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review. If you do not mind, I would be most appreciative if you could send me a quick e-mail (z.lumsden@pullmanauckland.co.nz) so we can liaise direct. We would very much like to welcome you back to the Pullman Auckland and perhaps one of our rooms in the Residence Tower will be more suitable for future stays.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Zac Lumsden
Director of Operations

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Fantastic location and hotel, service was a little disappointing, I returned to my room at 4pm and it still hadn't been made up, and both mornings at breakfast I had to prove i'd prepaid and wasn't served coffee on the second morning, despite reminding the waiter.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com
PullmanAucklandHotel, Director of Operations at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear "David John T",

Thank you for choosing the Pullman Auckland for your recent stay in the city. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apologies that your room was serviced later than you expected and that you were not offered coffee during breakfast. Please be rest assured that this is not of our usual standard in The Cafe Restaurant.

As you know, we cannot tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review. If you do not mind, I would be most appreciative if you could send me a quick e-mail on z.lumsden@pullmanauckland.co.nz so I may investigate further your breakfast experience and ensure that on future stays, our Housekeeping team arrange to service your room in the morning.

In the meantime, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Zac Lumsden
Director of Operations

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Is not the first time I've used Pullman Hotel for business. In this occasion, the VFX artist and website designer that works for my company stayed for one week.
We had several business meetings over breakfasts and dinners. He was appointed a beautiful suite with fantastic views of the city and the Gardens of the Old Government House. Sometimes we had to work straight through in his suite with no chance to go to The Cafe Restaurant on the Lobby level. We didn't have to worry because Room Service was great, delicious food delivered in no time. Buffet breakfast at the restaurant is well presented, good selection of delicious cold and hot food and my compliments to the Chef... the Bircher Muesli absolutely fantastic ! The same recognition for the Caesar Salad that I've enjoyed during dinner and the other delicious meals we had, top of the top.
In the same way, the fantastic service from the staff. They've looked after us in a formidable way, the Front Office Manager Sevag outstanding and his entire team, Reception and Concierge, first-class !
Everyone looked after us in a professional and caring way, they were very helpful when in need; they all deserve a star.
My guest didn't stop raving about his stay at the Pullman Hotel and he is looking forward for his next visit. I can't blame him.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear "Alexander D",

Wow! Thank you for the amazing review. The team and I are truly humbled by your kind words and are delighted that you very much enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you look to book your next stay, as I will be pleased to ensure that you and your colleagues are comfortable and have everything you need to ensure another successful visit. (c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz)

In the meantime, the team and I wish you a fantastic, festive season!

Carly Saunders
Quality and Attitude Manager

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank rafter2
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here for a night and sorry but this is not a 5 star establishment when compared to other hotels in Auckland. The bedroom was tired and small with an old air conditioning system that was very hit and miss on a warm evening. The bathroom was very small, hardly any room to move around - putting robes and slippers in there doesn't make it 5 star.

In the morning we were advised by the restaurant that our booking did not include breakfast, they called the front desk to confirm. As a result we had to return to our room to collect our booking confirmation which detailed breakfast as included at which point they finally allowed us in. Very poor when online booking inclusions do not flow through the the hotel.

Finally upon check out I was told we had over paid and due a refund. I was confused at this, at no stage during check in was I told that my credit card was being charged - most hotels simply take a swipe as security. To then only be offered a refund as cash rather than onto my credit card was disappointing, and also meant I did not have the choice as to how I wanted to settle my bill.

Much better hotels in Auckland so unlikely to stay again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pebs71
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear “pebs71”,

Thank you for providing a review of our hotel. I was disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies.

The team work hard every day to ensure our guests are comfortable and experience our true Pullman hospitality, and it saddens us when this is not the case. I wish you had conveyed to the team your level of unhappiness that you have portrayed in your review, as they would have resolved the issues at the time. If something is not right or if we fail at providing an exceptional level of service, we are very keen to put it right.

As you know, we cannot tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, which also makes it difficult for me to provide feedback on your breakfast and check out experience. If you do not mind, I would be most appreciative if you could send me a quick e-mail (rob.mcintyre@pullmanauckland.co.nz) so we can liaise direct.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rob McIntyre