“Not a 5 Star Experience”
Review of Pullman Auckland

Pullman Auckland
Ranked #14 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here for a night and sorry but this is not a 5 star establishment when compared to other hotels in Auckland. The bedroom was tired and small with an old air conditioning system that was very hit and miss on a warm evening. The bathroom was very small, hardly any room to move around - putting robes and slippers in there doesn't make it 5 star.

In the morning we were advised by the restaurant that our booking did not include breakfast, they called the front desk to confirm. As a result we had to return to our room to collect our booking confirmation which detailed breakfast as included at which point they finally allowed us in. Very poor when online booking inclusions do not flow through the the hotel.

Finally upon check out I was told we had over paid and due a refund. I was confused at this, at no stage during check in was I told that my credit card was being charged - most hotels simply take a swipe as security. To then only be offered a refund as cash rather than onto my credit card was disappointing, and also meant I did not have the choice as to how I wanted to settle my bill.

Much better hotels in Auckland so unlikely to stay again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pebs71
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear “pebs71”,

Thank you for providing a review of our hotel. I was disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies.

The team work hard every day to ensure our guests are comfortable and experience our true Pullman hospitality, and it saddens us when this is not the case. I wish you had conveyed to the team your level of unhappiness that you have portrayed in your review, as they would have resolved the issues at the time. If something is not right or if we fail at providing an exceptional level of service, we are very keen to put it right.

As you know, we cannot tell from TripAdvisor which guest has left a review, which also makes it difficult for me to provide feedback on your breakfast and check out experience. If you do not mind, I would be most appreciative if you could send me a quick e-mail (rob.mcintyre@pullmanauckland.co.nz) so we can liaise direct.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Rob McIntyre

There are newer reviews for Pullman Auckland

Reviewed December 15, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Reviewed December 14, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for two nights for a conference. Like I said it wasn't a bad stay but I couldn't help but compare the place to sky city hotel where I stayed last month while in Auckland. The place is beautiful, the rooms are nice, love the gym and spa/pools! From the start I didn't like the situation with parking, the receptionist that checked me in was really hard to understand and it just wasn't a smooth welcoming. So from the get go I was a little put off the place. It did get better, service was ok, they charged my phone for me at reception and they were really helpful when I needed food heated. I just expected friendlier and 5 star service to match the reputation. I would probably opt for Sky City next trip, the customer service is awesome there!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hali09
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear "Hali09",

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of our hotel. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on the professionalism and friendliness of our hotel team, so I was disappointed that you did not experience our true Pullman hospitality on this occasion.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future occasion. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable on your next visit. Please contact me directly on c.saunders@pullmanauckland.co.nz and I will be delighted to make all the arrangements for you and ensure that we take extra special care of you.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Location was the winner here, only a short walk to the centre of Auckland CBD. Rooms were clean and well appointed, and staff were friendly and helpful with all requests. Worth signing up to the Accor program, managed to grab a great rate through the website. Will definitely return again next time.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear "David W",

Thank you for your fantastic review! The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The cafe is nice to eat in, and the reception/lounge area is nice to hang around in. The staff were also very welcoming.
However, the rooms leave a bit to be desired. The bathroom needs refurbishing (there is only so much you can fix with sealant), the tv/entertainment system didn't function all the time, and the fridge was making an annoying buzzing sound throughout the night. The bed and covers were nice though.

Oh, and whilst breakfast was nice it wasn't included in the room rate. $25 is pretty steep for a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear "Andrew N",

Thank you for choosing the Pullman Auckland for your recent stay in the "City of Sails". It was a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel.

While the hotel was refurbished in 2010, I am pleased to let you know that we are in the planning stages of a refurbishment to the rooms in the hotel tower, in order to keep the hotel up-to-date.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com
PullmanAucklandHotel, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013