“Comfortable hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Singapore
“Comfortable hotel”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

As one might expect from a Pullman Hotel the service is at a high standard and the staff at reception are very welcoming. The standard rooms are not too big, but big enough for us.
Mattress is very comfortable. The bathroom is a bit small and outdated. That could use an overhaul. Location is good, near to the centre and the quays.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear dutchtraveller75,

Thank you for your feedback including your kind comments on our high standard of service, location, and welcoming reception staff. With regards to your comment on our bathroom, we are just in the planning process of a refurbishment which will address the size and layout of this part of the room.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Rob McIntyre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Auckland Pullman is situated to give one a great view of the harbour. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, with a small kitchenette, balcony, separate living and bedroom area. The bathroom is a good size with a nice bathtub for enjoying a relaxing soak. However, the shower tiles could use a good refurbish. Everything is clean and tidy through out the suite. To really enjoy this property book a room or suite in the Residence wing, as I believe this is the newer part of the hotel.
The lobby has been redone and has a lovely vibrant seating area. The bar service was a bit iffy when we got a drink about 10:30, but the rest of the staff were wonderful. We had a slight issue and the manager on duty handled it with great care and to our satisfaction. We like the Pullman and would stay here again.
The pool area is large with a sauna, spa and steam room. It is covered, but does have an outdoor area. They may be able to open the roof top, but as it was winter during our visit may have been a bit cold.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear avb13,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Residence suite. We receive many positive reviews on this room type, so it’s great your experience matched the consensus.

You are correct in your comments about the roof of the pool. The side doors and the roof of the pool are both retractable allowing fresh air to fill the complex on fine weather days.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at the Pullman Auckland for a night. Check-in was very efficient and fast. The lady I had was very professional and kind throughout my whole stay - should have gotten her name but it's a shame I didn't. I was booked in a King Room on the 10th floor in the newer Residence Towers. The Residence Towers are somewhat new and the building is quite flash. The hallways are clean and neat and the room is quite spacious and so is the bathroom. The cleanliness of the rooms I cannot fault either. However, in the bathroom, there was some grime in the tiles of the shower booth - which I thought needed attention. There is a HUGE problem with the plumbing in the hotel. When you flush the toilet, it's SO loud that you'd think there's an earthquake happening. If you (or your next door neighbor) flushed the toilet in the middle of the night, you're pretty much guaranteed to wake everyone up. I hope management can look into this issue and rectify it, if it's possible.

The lobby / reception feels quite cramped as the reception is there as soon as you step foot inside the hotel - which I do feel is a weird layout. Don't expect a GRAND lobby like some hotels.

As a LeClub Platinum member, I was offered free access to the Regency Club Lounge & buffet breakfast OR complimentary internet. I got the lounge/breakfast. I should have been offered an upgrade (as per Platinum benefits) but the check-in agent didn't say anything about it. I just didn't ask either as it was only for a one night stay anyway.

The Regency Club evening snacks are alright but nothing special. I would have liked extra food but not complaining. The lounge is quite compact, only a few seats and tables but when I went, there wasn't many people so it was alright. We got breakfast downstair at the main restaurant and I have to say the cooked buffet breakfast was very mediocre. The food taste was very bland and I did get Eggs Benedict to order and it was the worst I had. The selection wasn't the best either but I have to say the staff was excellent and polite throughout, clearing empty dishes promptly.

Overall, the hotel is a solid hotel with big, clean and very modern rooms (in the Residence Towers). In NZ's standards, this would be a good 5* hotel, but internationally, maybe a 4.5* at most. It was an enjoyable stay at the Pullman Auckland and I would certainly return.

Room Tip: If possible, pay extra and get rooms in the Residence Towers. These rooms are very modern and have t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MJ L
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I've recently stayed at The Pullman while on business in Auckland. The Pullman provides most of the services you expect from a hotel. The room and the hotel in general were perfectly adequate with the usual amenities and a high standard of cleanliness and comfort. The breakfast buffet was well provisioned offering your standard international hotel fare.

What stood out however was the quality of the service from every single staff member I encountered. Clearly the management have carefully selected the staff and then invested well in training the staff to provide first rate service across the board from check-in, to bar, to breakfast, to concierge, to check-out. Thank you!

On the downside however is the speed of the internet from the room (I did not use conferencing facilities or the internet from public areas). If using the provided cable, the speed while slow, did manage to get the pages loaded. The wi-fi however struggled to load pages. In the end I gave up on both options and used my own technology to access the internet. The service was so superb that I want to give the Pullman 5 stars even with the challenging internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the harbour.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear TheKiwiWanderers,

Thank you for your detailed review. I truly appreciate your comments on our quality service. We pride ourselves on a high standard of service and I am very proud that our team delivered this experience for you during your stay.

I take your concerns regarding the complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Although the lobby area appears to not have any signal issues, I understand that with certain devices the signal is not the best in certain parts of the hotel. We are exploring alternative options at present so we can deliver a more consistent offering in the future.

Thank you again for your glowing review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Brisbane
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights in the residences tower. Great room with lovely harbour veiws. Great service

Will stay here again

Friends stayed in the older bock at the same time which was nice with nice harbour view but it is definitely work the extra to stay in the residences tower.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jetboy787,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel, especially your positive comments on our harbour views and great service. Great to hear that you and your friends both enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully we will be able to see you all again sometime soon!

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed within a two bedroom apartment for a week in July and found the Pullman to be one of the nicest luxury suites we have stayed in. The harbour view balcony was fantastic and it was great watching the sun-rise over the volcanos in the distance.

The modern furniture and equipment were wonderful. The pool was great for the kids and buffet breakfast was a nice treat to help us get over the jet-jag.

The Pullman is one of the best things in Auckland.

Room Tip: One tip for long-distance travellers would be to ask for an apartment with a washer/dryer as it prov...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jamie B,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel. I am so glad that you and the family were able to take advantage of the extra space a suite provides, as well as having a splash in our pool facilities. The view is a top feature of the Residential Suite, so it is great that the Auckland weather put on a good show so you were able to enjoy it during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and the family back again in the future.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 7 am the customer service upon arrival was impeccable. Breakfast was open , the room was ready and awesome! Hotel in walking distance of everything. Lunch menu is a little overpriced for what u get

• Stayed August 2013
Dear swinslowvocalvision,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am glad our customer service ensured you had a pleasant experience on arrival. Thank you for your feedback on our lunch menu, I have passed this on to our Executive Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.