“Quality and care”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“Quality and care”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Spent a few days here on business. Friendly and efficient staff, who seem ever ready to help out with your requests. Used the very well equipped gym, and wish I had more time to spend in the spa. Rooms, meals, etc everything you would expect from 5 star hotel. Very good location near the university and couple of blocks from Queen Street. Feels a bit like a residential area, with many good cafes and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mariner59,

Thank you for your comments on our hotel especially your comments on our friendly, efficient staff and location. I am glad you were able to enjoy our Spa at the Pullman facilities during your stay. We are just in the process of updating our Fitness machines and our guests are responding well to the new high tech equipment.

I hope you will visit us again from across the ditch in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Rob McIntyre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Pullman Auckland before, but this was my first stay in a Superior Residence room. I arrived in the early evening after a day of driving over Northland and although the room and experience wasnt awful, it did leave something to be desired of.

The toilet didnt flush (thankfully I hadnt needed to use it). I contacted reception, who sent a repair man, and the toilet was fixed after 40mins.

While taking a shower and the shower tap came off in my hand. On closer inspection I could see that it wasnt attached, and looked like it hadnt been attached for sometime But it didnt affect my shower and I was able to put it back on and turn the water off. (I told reception about this the next morning).

The door on a cabinet would catch on the carpet, when you tried to open it. So you had pull it bit by bit to get into it.

Like I say the experience wasnt awful, but there were some basic things you wouldnt expect to have to deal with in a 4.5 star hotel, and especially have a day of travelling. I assume it was just a one-off.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel.

Please accept my apologies on your experience in our Residence Superior room. Thank you, however, for relaying your room concerns to our friendly reception team so they were able to rectify the problem.

With regards to carpet and cabinet, we have recently laid down new carpet in these room types and they are still settling at present which is causing the cabinet to catch a little. We have looked into these rooms as a result of your review to address all your concerns.

Thank you again for choosing Pullman Auckland for your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

new zealand
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed here a few times now and love the spa and the service. The rooms are comfortable and of god quality if a little tired in some. The bathrooms are very cool. Breakfast in the room is a lovely addition and you must use the spa facilities as they are very luxurious. If you can have a massage it is paradise.
It is at the top of a very steep hill but still very convenient to the city. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear moaiisle,

Thank you for your review of our property. I have passed your positive comments on to our spa team and they are very appreciative of your kind remarks. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and am very grateful that you would recommend our hotel to others.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at the Pullman (for a Business trip) for 17 nights in May/June, and have just booked a further 12 nights in July. I would highly recommend this hotel. I stayed in one of the residences and it met or exceeded all of my expectations. A big thank you to the staff that took care of myself and my guests on the public holiday where we used the informal wi-fi room on the ground floor for business the entire day. And same to all staff in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SDA305
Dear SDA305,

Thank you for your most welcomed feedback on our hotel and for choosing Pullman for your repeat visit. I am truly humbled that you would highly recommend our hotel to others, and am so glad that the team managed to work together to exceed all of your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in July where we hope to impress you with our professional service once again.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and i checked into the Pullman for our anniversary. From the valet to Sevag, the front office manager, from Joan in the restaurant to Christine at the spa, the level of service provided was par excellence. Staff do the establishment proud. Room was top notch. Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Wayne A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such glowing feedback. Happy Anniversary! I am so glad my team made your stay such an enjoyable and memorable one. I have passed your feedback on to the team and they are truly appreciative of your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spent 3 nights and overall I would have to say that we enjoyed our first stay at the Pullman. Clean but actually smelt clean too not just looked clean. The staff were great, smart in appearance, friendly and very professional. Nothing seemed too small for their attention. We asked for a room with a view in advance and when we arrived the front staff assured me that we had one. 12th floor was as good as we could get and was a view that looked out towards the viaduct area. Just beautiful waking up to the sunrise over the water. The complimentary wifi worked well enough for what it was. Free pool, health gym and spa. Parking during the day was expensive but at night no problem parking outside on the road and that was free till 8am.

Room Tip: Phone and ask for a room with a view in advance so you don't get a sorry we fully booked excuse...