Recently travelled around NZ and stayed in c. 20 hotels / motels, which I think provided me with a good idea and cross section of accommodation available in the country. In Auckland we stayed in 3 different hotels including the Pullman, and when we returned, out of the three I chose to go back to Pullman. This was an easy choice and overall, Pullman makes it easy to explore Auckland.
The Pullman is a large, well-run hotel, but service quality is not sacrificed. All staff from the front desk to housekeeping were very friendly. We arrived a bit before check-in time, but were swiftly checked in and given our room. Luggage also arrived quickly. Common areas of the hotel are well maintained. The lobby, lobby bar and restaurant are very chic - reminded me of hotels in New York.
The room was spacious and functional, with a bit of a seaview to boot. The bed was large and comfortable with high quality linen and good choice of different types of pillows. Good darkening blinds as well guaranteed an excellent night's sleep, which for me is a key point in any hotel. To respond to some of the previous reviews about rooms being dated, I didn't really think this was the case. It's a question of style and whilst there is a grey carpet in the room, it's light and clean. Furniture is wooden and not modern slick black, but nothing in our room was scuffed or dusty. Bathroom again not necessarily the most modern, but furnished with high quality materials, nice towels and robes and impeccably clean.
The hotel seems to be quite environmentally conscious as well - plus points for the recycling bin in the room and use of local products.
Moving onto the other facilities in the hotel - very nice indoor pool, sauna and steam room. Small outdoor terrace area next to the pool. Well-equipped gym as well. Spa area is simple and stylish, very relaxing. Wasn't the best massage of my life but decent value for a capital city hotel spa.
We got a very good deal online in my view for both our stays, with breakfast included. Breakfast was a vast spread of cooked items, fresh fruit, youghurts, mueslis and bread. Also a great selection of juices. Highly recommend.
Overall, would not hesitate to stay again at the Pullman. I think some of the reviews about 'funny toilet sound' etc are a bit unfair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its stunning views of Auckland harbour and the city’s parks, Pullman Auckland offers guests a visual treat as well as a very warm welcome. Conveniently located in the heart of the city, the hotel provides easy access to Auckland’s numerous attractions, including the beautiful Albert Park and vibrant, cosmopolitan Viaduct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Pullman Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pullman Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Auckland
- Pullman Auckland New Zealand