Pullman Auckland
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$134
Hilton Auckland(Auckland Central)
$274
$266
$144
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$159
$139
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$122
$102
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$151
$128
  • Pool
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
$55
$53
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
$195
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Parnell(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$120
$104
Hotels.com
2,527 results
All reviewsthe executive loungealbert parksteam roomqueen streetvalet parkingsteep hillfive star hotelroom servicebuffet breakfastan upgradenew zealandharbour viewvector arenasky towerspaaucklandaccor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I tried this hotel again because of the new ownership - but don't be fooled. Still the same tired carpets and wall paper and the rooms still have that musty smell.

Some nice new furniture by the looks of things. But hopeless old phones that kept flashing for a message when there wasn't one.

There was a nice small bath in the room which is heavenly when travelling and reasonable toiletries - they also provided a personal loofah - which I thought was neat.

The most annoying thing was the bed. It looks like the sheets were too small for the bed and couldn't be tucked in at the top and the bottom at the same time. Yuk.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear travellerX44,

Thank you for your feedback. We have recently refurbished our entire lobby area, restaurant, bar and connectivity centre with the help of Space Studios and have received many positive comments on the new look and feel of the hotel public areas. I am glad you also enjoyed our improvements.

As we are one of the few hotels with the ability to open windows encouraging fresh air to envelop the room, it is strange that you experienced a ‘musty smell’ during your stay. I wish you had bought your concerns to our attention during your stay as our team would have happily looked into this for you, moving you to another room if required.

We hope to see you in the hotel again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very friendly staff, delicious room service (beef fillet, hmmm) and Roger & Gallet toiletries. I had a very short stay but it was enough to recharge my batteries. The location is great and the bed is very comfy.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear AnaKarinaBu,

The team at Pullman Auckland truly appreciate your positive review, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel.

We look forward to having you return for a longer stay some time in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Upon check in we had to wait for nearly an hour for our rooms, we were given a complimentary drink due to the wait but the staff seemed unfamiliar with the check in process and very slow to react.

The room was OK but the carpet was heavily stained and filthy, on the roof directly outside the window was a lot of litter and debris, the iron has obviously been misused in the past and was filthy also.

The breakfast was excellent but rather pricey, I suppose I have been spoilt in the past but in my opinion the room was very expensive for what we had and am used to a 5* hotel including the cost of a breakfast in the cost.

We had to wait 30 minutes for the valet service to return our car, also the cost of parking in the hotel car park was significantly higher than the parking charge on the street out the front of the hotel.

It was a shame as the staff were friendly, it's a great location and has the potential to be a great hotel, I can see on another day it could be good but unfortunately this time it missed the mark.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ben P
PullmanAucklandHotel, General Manager at Pullman Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Ben P,

Thank you for your review especially with regards to our friendly staff and great location. It is unfortunate that due to our capacity the previous night, your room was not ready on arrival but I am happy to hear that our team took care of you by providing you with a complimentary drink whilst you waited. With regards to breakfast, we receive lots of positive reviews on the buffet and I am glad that you agree with the consensus as to the standard of this offering.

As we don’t own the car park underneath the hotel, for the convenience of our guests we offer valet parking for $30 for unlimited use over a 24 hour period. If there is a certain time that you require your car I would suggest that for future stays you book this with concierge ahead of your departure. This avoids a delay due to unforeseen factors such as traffic or increased hotel arrivals at the time you make your request, ensuring your car is parked on the forecourt ready for you to use.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for future stays.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel was good, but I found the service was lacking especially when checking in. When I dined in the restaurant, the supervisor was not very happy and at one point openly chastised the staff. I am also a Gold Accor Advantage Plus Member and received none of the benefits that I usually get. I just found the hotel not up to the usual Accor standards

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel is ideally located in central Auckland - a pleasant walk through Albert Park. The fitness facilities and swimming pool are amazing and a great way to start the day! An excellent evening meal in the hotel's restaurant, both professional service and tasty food.

Room Tip: Look for offers!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear dippy_sal,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on our location and facilities. I hope you managed to visit the Auckland Art Gallery during your stroll in Albert Park? If not, then perhaps build this into your plans for your next visit as they have a fantastic “Who shot rock ‘n roll” photographic exhibition going on at present.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.