“Excellent hotel”
Review of Heritage Auckland

Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We rented a two-bedroom unit in the tower. Well-furnished with two bathrooms (though the W/D were tiny). Very accommodating staff. Very close to sights and restaurants. A terrific hotel for families. Decent gym and pool.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear Clint B,
Thank you very much for sharing with our readers the excellent comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. <y team and I are very pleased "The Heritage Experience" has exceeded your expectations and we do look forward to ensuring we continue to do so with all of our guest.
We were delighted to host you and wish you a very merry Christmas and a very successful 2014.
Heritage Auckland

Write a ReviewReviews (1,830)

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed in the Heritage wing of this hotel in a larger room on the Stay Playful package. I cannot speak for the quality of the other rooms but this was massive! Included free wifi and buffet breakfast with had a really interesting healthy options range. Large bath and shower and good service all around. The location was great for walking down to the harbour as well as to the Skytower complex. The bed was perhaps not as firm as it could have been for someone that needs a lot of back support.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear KHughes86,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the wonderful comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are very proud "The Heritage Experience" has exceeded your expectations and we do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

My wife and I , along with 2 friends stayed here as an overnight stop prior to flying out of Auckland.
The on-line booking direct with the Hotel was uncomplicated as was the pricing structure.
We were pleased with the reception staff and the bell boys were very attentive and took care of our luggage from the taxi.
Both allocated rooms were facing the interior courtyard on the 4th floor and were very comfortable with an excellent bed.
The room was quiet which made sleeping very easy.
We did not have time to use the Hotel facilities as the Sky Tower beckoned us, however the roof top pool and leisure facilities looked very inviting.
We did not eat in the hotel restaurant so cannot comment.
The late check out on departure was appreciated as it allowed for further site seeing in the morning and the concierge looked after our baggage until our taxi arrived to take us to the Airport.
All things considered it was a very nice experience and I would recommend the Heritage to others.

Room Tip: Internal bedrooms with courtyard view will minimise street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear marsandbob,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the excellent comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are delighted "The Heritage Experience" has exceeded your expectations and we would be most honored to serve you again. We also hope that when you return to Auckland we can host you again.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My husband and I were guests of this heritage listed hotel recently and must say it is the best hotel we have stayed at in Auckland. Was given a deluxe room - Room 408. It comprised a sitting and kitchen area as well as lovely bedroom, with the most comfortable bed and pillows ever. Great position, pool on the top level was crystal clear and clean. Service was very good, breakfast was delicious. Its a winner from us. Would undoubtedly stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 408 overlooked the atrium and because it is Christmas the tree was sparkling. Not noisy at all...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear SusanP196,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the wonderful comments relating to your recent stay and Heritage Auckland. My team and I are delighted "The Heritage Experience" has exceeded your expectations and that you fond our newly renovated roof top pool area such a wonderful place to relax and enjoy our balmy weather.
We do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

2 wonderful nights at this wonderful hotel, myself and 3 children. Our treat to the city from the country. Such a lovely room, such lovely staff ....thanks to Maria for being such a sweetie at breakfast....... the rooftop pool and spa is just out of this world. Love you Heritage, cant wait to come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SHERYL407

Dear SHERYL407,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the fantastic feedback on your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I and in particularly Maria(who has been awarded our employee of the year this year) are very proud to serve you with honor and do look forward to hosting you and your family sometime very soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The hotel is in a central location walking distance from the harbor area and the shopping area of Auckland. During my NZ trip I have stayed her for two nights. Reception staff was nice and rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet is pretty good as well. I would like to get a drink at the bar one evening at 10.40 and did ask for a mojito. Couldn't get this since the bar was closing. When I asked what time the bar closed the bartender said 11. When I insisted to get a drink I could get one but I sensed that he didn't do this with great pleasure. The drink he than put in front of me was appalling. Tasted it an left it. If this is the service to be expected in a high quality hotel we are far away from home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Toine M,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am pleased that we were able to deliver great service in most areas of our hotel for you. I am most disappointed with the service delivery in our lobby bar area. I have shared your comments with my team and have focused on this as a coaching moment on reaffirming our "can do" attitude and training on the finer art of cocktail making. I do appreciate your candid feedback as it is only with such feedback can we work towards improving our guest experience.
I do hope that you have enjoyed the rest of your stay in New Zealand.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night on completion of an Australia/New Zealand cruise, and selected this hotel thru Expedia for its reasonable price and location. It was an easy walk to the hotel from the cruise ship drop off in the harbor. Upon checking in, we were advised that we had been upgraded to a suite (Expedia status Elite Plus), and what a suite it was: complete with living room and kitchen facilities! The room was fantastic, and the personnel was very friendly and accommodating as well. The restaurant (we had breakfast there), in its superb interior courtyard, was also great. We had a day and one half in Auckland after the cruise, and from this hotel, we walked around to catch the Hop-on-hop-off bus one block up, walked to Queen Street, and even walked to catch the Airport shuttle (Airbus) to the airport. Very convenient!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Boumar,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the fantastic comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are delighted 'The Heritage Experience" has exceeded your expectations and that you also enjoyed your time visiting the Auckland attractions. If you do decide to return to New Zealand we would be delighted to host you again.