“Excellent,only one quibble”

Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
“Excellent,only one quibble”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed here for the Auckland Marathon as was the best location for the event, but its not normally a hotel we would choose.

We were impressed, room was very spacious, modern and clean. Bed was comfy, we were lucky enough to have a nice view out to the Bridge. Staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful.

The only quibble was parking, its pretty limited in that area and valet was $35 a day.

Other than that, great place to stay and would definitely stay there again and recommend.to others.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear MikeyB69,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the wonderful comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are extremely pleased that we have exceeded your expectations in most areas and do note your feedback on our valet under cover secure car parking cost. We do always offer alternates very close to Heritage Auckland car parking options. If we can assist you on this the next time you visit Heritage Auckland, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Heritage Auckland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My colleague and I stayed here for work and were really happy. the hotel staff were extremely friendly and the rooms were great. the beds very comfy - and curtains that block out every molecule of light - made for a great night's sleep. the hotel has a gym with everything you need, and has spectacular views over Auckland harbour.
great location - only 5 minutes from Auckland's great harbourshore restaurants.
possibly the best part of the hotel was their breakfast. if you're health conscious they have amazing options like coconut yoghurt, chia seed smoothies etc. I'll definitely be back!

1 Thank Meg263
Dear Meg263,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the excellent comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I continue to focus on delivering The Heritage Experience including your sleep and eat experiences. We do look forward to welcoming you both back sometime very soon.
tauranga
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The best recommendation I can give the Heritage is, having stayed there previously on a junket, I was happy to pay to return for night which we paid for. The Heritage is an older building, once one of Auckland's most popular shops, which has been tastefully converted into a good quality hotel.
The hotel features a mixture of rooms, with our one featuring a separate bedroom and bed in the lounge - which our daughter used. We booked a deal which featured breakfast, valet parking and free wifi for under $200 for three - excellent value for Auckland. The fittings in our room, including the bathroom, were all of a good standard, and the bedding was wonderful. The buffet breakfast had huge variety and the quality was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank davey10000
Dear davey10000,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the excellent comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I continue to work very hard to ensure that guest leave with wonderful memories and that we demonstrate a true vale for money experience. We do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The Heritage Auckland is a delightful blend of old and new. My room was quite spacious, very clean and very comfortable. The staff was helpful with any request I had. The breakfast price was a bit out of my budget - especially with Denny's less than a block away. My room had a courtyard view which probably wasn't as nice as potential views from others, but it was quite acceptable. The location of the hotel is conveniently located to shopping, harbor area, and the Sky Tower as all are easily accessible by walking.

1 Thank jmwelchtn
Dear jmwelchtn,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are delighted that we have been able to exceed your expectations on most areas of your stay and do hope that you have taken home with you wonderful memories of your time in New Zealand.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here for a week for UIM General Assembly. Being in central Auckland and also a nice location is good for us. The location of the Heritage is far and away the best feature of the hotel - despite all the gripes above, we had a brilliant time in Auckland and being so well situated made it so much easier. The hotel is a two minute walk from the Sky Tower, the Catholic Cathedral is across the road and you walk down to the Harbor in about 7 minutes. We even managed to make the 20 minute walk out to marina on the Thursday evening after the Gala Dinner.
My room was faced on the Cathedral road side and the room takes to much sound of the road and during the whole week I chose the inner room. The sliding door between the bedroom and the main room needed superman’s strength to move it, I tried to close the door because of the road noise but I was not able to close. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were a really good size. The room could have done with a refresh. The room was really good clean. The bathroom was almost from a different lower level hotel.
The Heritage really is a bit of a mix, although I arrived feeling mostly positive. I am not able to say my room was lovely, complete with two double bed and cooking facilities. It was always very clean. The shower wasn't great, but the room was comfortable. The decoration of the whole hotel was pretty but it needs a bit of redecoration.
The restaurant is also very expensive, without really living up to the price. The breakfast menu and buffet is pretty average - again, given it's in the city centre, it really should be better as there are so many other options nearby.
To be fair to the Heritage, though, they do have a few brilliant aspects: their staff was friendly and helpful at all times and we felt really welcomed by them. The bar in the lobby closes at 11:00 pm. which we haven’t believed for a 4/5 star hotel.

Dear EmrGuler,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I have gone through your comments in detail with my team and while some areas require some additional improvement I do believe that we deliver excellent and consistent service that on the whole exceeds our guest expectation. I have noted your feedback on our breakfast product which has become a hall mark of our hotel for innovation and quality which regretfully has not met your expectations.
We will continue to focus on improvement to ensure that our guest leave with wonderful memories of their stay with us.
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Friendly efficient reception staff, good well appointed spacious room, but let down by very average restaurant, poor meal, poor service and would benefit with some background music to increase the ambience

• Stayed October 2013
Dear BaywatchM,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland, I am very pleased that your room experience exceeded your expectations and have shared with my Food and Beverage team your feedback focused on service and ambiance. I do hope that we can welcome you back very soon to provide you with some strong assurance that we continue to focus on improvement and enhancing experiences.
Singapore
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Clean four star hotel that ticks most of the boxes. Nothing bad that I can remember, except that the free hour of wifi should be made available in the room instead of just in the public areas. The laundry facilities were a plus.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Purpledino,
I am delighted my team have been able to exceed your expectations and do look forward to hosting you on your return to New Zealand.