“Heritage Auckland - In the central of Auckland”
Review of Heritage Auckland

Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here for a week for UIM General Assembly. Being in central Auckland and also a nice location is good for us. The location of the Heritage is far and away the best feature of the hotel - despite all the gripes above, we had a brilliant time in Auckland and being so well situated made it so much easier. The hotel is a two minute walk from the Sky Tower, the Catholic Cathedral is across the road and you walk down to the Harbor in about 7 minutes. We even managed to make the 20 minute walk out to marina on the Thursday evening after the Gala Dinner.
My room was faced on the Cathedral road side and the room takes to much sound of the road and during the whole week I chose the inner room. The sliding door between the bedroom and the main room needed superman’s strength to move it, I tried to close the door because of the road noise but I was not able to close. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were a really good size. The room could have done with a refresh. The room was really good clean. The bathroom was almost from a different lower level hotel.
The Heritage really is a bit of a mix, although I arrived feeling mostly positive. I am not able to say my room was lovely, complete with two double bed and cooking facilities. It was always very clean. The shower wasn't great, but the room was comfortable. The decoration of the whole hotel was pretty but it needs a bit of redecoration.
The restaurant is also very expensive, without really living up to the price. The breakfast menu and buffet is pretty average - again, given it's in the city centre, it really should be better as there are so many other options nearby.
To be fair to the Heritage, though, they do have a few brilliant aspects: their staff was friendly and helpful at all times and we felt really welcomed by them. The bar in the lobby closes at 11:00 pm. which we haven’t believed for a 4/5 star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear EmrGuler,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I have gone through your comments in detail with my team and while some areas require some additional improvement I do believe that we deliver excellent and consistent service that on the whole exceeds our guest expectation. I have noted your feedback on our breakfast product which has become a hall mark of our hotel for innovation and quality which regretfully has not met your expectations.
We will continue to focus on improvement to ensure that our guest leave with wonderful memories of their stay with us.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Friendly efficient reception staff, good well appointed spacious room, but let down by very average restaurant, poor meal, poor service and would benefit with some background music to increase the ambience

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear BaywatchM,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland, I am very pleased that your room experience exceeded your expectations and have shared with my Food and Beverage team your feedback focused on service and ambiance. I do hope that we can welcome you back very soon to provide you with some strong assurance that we continue to focus on improvement and enhancing experiences.

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Clean four star hotel that ticks most of the boxes. Nothing bad that I can remember, except that the free hour of wifi should be made available in the room instead of just in the public areas. The laundry facilities were a plus.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Purpledino,
I am delighted my team have been able to exceed your expectations and do look forward to hosting you on your return to New Zealand.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

After staying at many hotels in Auckland over the years, we now never stay anywhere else but the Heritage Hotel. It is perfect for our family and in all our recent stays we have enjoyed excellent service. The rooms are clean, new beds are super comfortable and the staff give fabulous service. Neil at Reception greets us like we are his family and he goes out of his way to always stop and chat. Maria in the restaurant is another gem. Nothing is a problem for her and always smiling even when under so much pressure. She has become like an 'aunty' to our kids.
The hotel has great facilities for families with 2 pools and a tennis court. We use the gym facilities also. You must try their Raw Food bar at breakfast..... sooooooo good.
A 5 min walk from the hotel and you can be at the Viaduct, at the new City Works Dept (don;t miss the pies at Scratch bakery!) or in the thick of the city (also recommend Tanuki's Cave for yummy Japanese just by the Town Hall). Then complete your evening with a gelato at Giapo on Queen Street for dessert before heading back to the comfort of your hotel room. You will not be disappointed.
Convenience stores all around and a Pizza Hut across the road for the cheap $5 pizzas to feed hungry kids.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear FelicityJB,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are delighted The Heritage Experience has exceeded your expectations and that individuals have made an impression on you. We do hope that we can welcome you all back to Heritage Auckland so we can host you again very soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Heritage for three nights and were very well looked after. We arrived in the early hours of the morning and the welcome at check in and help to our room was excellent. I chose the Heritage as we had previously stayed there on a holiday some years ago and I was impressed with the service. We stayed in a deluxe suite (floor 5) that overlooked the inner atrium and whilst pleasant enough I think I prefer the outward facing rooms.The breakfast was superb with an incredible array of choices and Hectors restaurant is a very relaxed place to dine. Check out was again efficient and the reception staff were very helpful in organising transport to the airport. Good location and felt safe to be there with a young daughter.

Dear Beth521,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the excellent comments relating to your recent stay at heritage Auckland with your daughter. My team and I are very proud to host you and that The Heritage Experience has exceeded your expectations. We do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were given a complimentary upgrade and appreciated it. The front desk staff were very nice, as were the people in the restaurant, although getting a cup of tea took a bit of time at breakfast. Otherwise, enjoyed it and would go back, for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sushilover007,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the very good comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted we have been able to exceed most of your expectations and while we are a very busy hotel, we do have to ensure that we focus on detail and I have shared your comments with my restaurant team.
I do hope that we can welcome you back to Heritage Auckland sometime very soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My daughters (2) and I recently stayed while attending the Beyonce concert. We had the best ever experience. The service from driving up to the hotel, through to check in and check out was amazing. Great service is something to be appreciated these days and all staff at the Heritage provided the best customer experience I've had in a long while. We went to the lobby for a drink and snacks while waiting for our taxi the waiting staff were knowledgeable on wait times from the kitchen and served us immediately we sat down. The room was fantastic and the bed, well better than my one at home - my daughters wanted to take the pillows home :-) I would highly recommend this hotel - I couldn't fault any part of our stay (and I've stayed at a few hotels)

Room Tip: Double twin share had great separating wall and amazing amount of space.