I stayed here for a week for UIM General Assembly. Being in central Auckland and also a nice location is good for us. The location of the Heritage is far and away the best feature of the hotel - despite all the gripes above, we had a brilliant time in Auckland and being so well situated made it so much easier. The hotel is a two minute walk from the Sky Tower, the Catholic Cathedral is across the road and you walk down to the Harbor in about 7 minutes. We even managed to make the 20 minute walk out to marina on the Thursday evening after the Gala Dinner.
My room was faced on the Cathedral road side and the room takes to much sound of the road and during the whole week I chose the inner room. The sliding door between the bedroom and the main room needed superman’s strength to move it, I tried to close the door because of the road noise but I was not able to close. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were a really good size. The room could have done with a refresh. The room was really good clean. The bathroom was almost from a different lower level hotel.
The Heritage really is a bit of a mix, although I arrived feeling mostly positive. I am not able to say my room was lovely, complete with two double bed and cooking facilities. It was always very clean. The shower wasn't great, but the room was comfortable. The decoration of the whole hotel was pretty but it needs a bit of redecoration.
The restaurant is also very expensive, without really living up to the price. The breakfast menu and buffet is pretty average - again, given it's in the city centre, it really should be better as there are so many other options nearby.
To be fair to the Heritage, though, they do have a few brilliant aspects: their staff was friendly and helpful at all times and we felt really welcomed by them. The bar in the lobby closes at 11:00 pm. which we haven’t believed for a 4/5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art deco; historic landmark refurbished in 1998. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Heritage Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Heritage Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Heritage Hotel
- Heritage Auckland New Zealand