“Fantastic Family City Break!”
Review of Heritage Auckland

Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
“Fantastic Family City Break!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We highly recommend the Heritage Hotel in Auckland for a family city escape! We stayed with our children for 3 days in one of the 2 bedroom suites in the Tower. The suite had fantastic views, spacious rooms and provided the perfect balance of luxury and independence, with a kitchen equipped to allow us to self-cater, as well as all the extras offered by the hotel. The breakfasts were an absolute highlight, and included in our deal. We have to commend the Heritage on their healthy menu which even included a 'raw food' bar - all delicious, fresh and with excellent service. The children loved it, and so did we! The perfect way to set us up for the day. Being able to use the tennis court, gym and indoor lap pool were a real plus point, particularly with energetic children needing to let off steam. We also loved being able to valet park the car and walk to all the city centre attractions. The perfect city break - so good we're planning a return trip soon!

Room Tip: If staying with a family, opt for a 2 bedroom suite in the Tower Wing. The rooms are spacious, affor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear takoriver,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the fantastic comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team are delighted that we have been able to deliver The Heritage Experience for you and your family. We do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Heritage Auckland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The experience began when the concierge cam out to the car, took my bags from the boot and valet parked the car. I checked in and went to a meeting. On my return my bag was already in my room.
The room was huge, with lovely floorboards overlooking the atrium. It was very quiet. The bed was the most comfortable that I have had the pleasure to sleep in!
I've recommended this hotel to all my friends and family.
The only odd thing was that I didn't get a bowl or spoon for cereal with my breakfast tray.

Room Tip: Ask for an atrium room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Sue A,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the wonderful comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team are delighted that we have been able to deliver The Heritage Experience for you and do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location in the heart of Auckland. Five minutes walk to the Viaduct. Great decor and fantastic facilities including gym and tennis court. Really enjoyed staying. Breakfast is top notch too - whatever you can think of they can do.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear LukaszZ,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the delightful comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team are very proud that we have been able to deliver well above your expectations and do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Sydney
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel during September. The service of the staff was excellent - very attentative, helpful and friendly. We had an inside king room on the fifth floor overlooking the dining area below. This wasn't a problem as we were out most of the time and we didn't really get any noise from it. Our room was very spacious, comfortable king bed and very spacious bathroom. We had continental breakfast included in our tariff and this was very good. My one complaint is that in a room as large as ours there was no-where to sit and watch the tv unless you sat in or on the bed - not comfortable for a lot of people. There was more than enough room to put a chair either side of the bed. Also, the chair provided to sit at the desk was really uncomfortable and tipped forward if you sat on the edge because of the design. Considering the overall experience though, these aren't major and I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SydneyBruno,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted we have been able to deliver The Heritage expereince for you and do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon. We have noted your comments relating to room furniture and have a planned improvement on this room type underway.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The room service and check-in staff were great. Food was above average. The valets were very attentive. I told them I had to leave at 6:30 am and I happened to be early at 6:15, and they already had the car ready for me. The room was very nice, but I had an inside room with a view of the inside courtyard/restaurant. it didn't bother me much but could feel like a prison. An outdoor facing room might be nicer but would have street noise. The wood floors creaked as people walked by in the hallways, but wasn't very loud. The conference room was above average too and we had a great event.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin S,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the wonderful comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team continue to work very hard at delivering The Heritage Experience and do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
Reviewed September 12, 2013

So my friends and I stayed up in the Nelson St suite and apart from the crumbs on the couch, dirty dishwasher and un vacumed carpet we really liked it. The front desk was helpful but the roof top spa was a little cold. I would defo return again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jozzalin S,
Thank you very much for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted that we have on the whole delivered service levels that have exceeded your expectations and have noted the the housekeeping concerns which have been discussed with my team and while disappointing to read these it is most important that we understand where we have done well and where we have to continue to monitor.
We do look forward to hosting you at Heritage Auckland sometime very soon.
London, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This is an old store converted to a hotel. It has wooden floors. We stayed in a family room with a queen bed and there were 2 beds in a separate room. Rooms were large, clean but not very sound proof. Location was central. Several restaurants near by. The observation tower was across the street. Service was good.

• Stayed August 2013
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear 314pi,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the wonderful comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted my team have been able to share with you The Heritage Experience and look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.