“Great!”
Review of Heritage Auckland

Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
“Great!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here for an offsite management strategy meeting despite being local.

It was great, the rooms were huge, the staff friendly and really good value for money.

Recommend it, especially for business travellers.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Johathan B,
Thank you very much for sharing with our readers the excellent comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team and I are delighted that we have been able to deliver The Heritage Experience including your sleep and eat expectations. We do look forward to hosting you sometime very soon.
Heritage Auckland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Matamata, New Zealand
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A very central, handy place to stay. walking distance to pretty much anywhere and come with the bonus of a lot less noise than Queen St accommodations. staff were lovely, breakfast was superb, room was great. highly recommend the Heritage Auckland to all out there after somewhere special to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wendy h
Dear Wendy H,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the excellent comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted my team have been able to deliver The Heritage Experience including your eat and sleep expectations. We at Heritage Auckland look forward to welcoming you back very soon to allow us to host you again sometime very soon.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I had the privilege of staying at your lovely establishment last Saturday 17th August.
As it was a special occasion our 25th wedding anniversary I thought I would be cheeky and try my luck at requesting an upgrade.
I received an email almost straight away from a lovely lady called Alexis who upgraded us to a 1 bedroom executive suite, she was very nice and being our first point of contact with your hotel left me with a very happy feeling even before we arrived.

Upon check-in I couldn’t believe when we were told by reception that our vehicle would be valet parked for us at no extra cost wow I thought this could only get better….and of course it did right from the lovely young man who checked us in I am sorry but I can’t remember his name he was exceptional and very courtesy, through to the concierge who took our bags up for us.

The room was also a wow factor absolutely spacious and beautiful and if it couldn’t get any better we had a lovely card from your General Manager and a box of gorgeous chocolates.

Then I rung to request a later checkout and Neil who answered followed through with the same outstanding service with his lovely manner and extended our checkout until 12. All of this at no extra cost.

Your hotel and service right through from booking until checking out supercedes any other in Auckland I have stayed in even your rivals the Sky City where we have stayed at before.
I will definitely relay our wonderful experience to all our family and friends and recommend the Auckland Heritage Hotel.

Your whole team are a true asset to your wonderful establishment, we will definitely be returning and please pass on our thanks and praise to all involved.

Thank you again for taking the time to read this and I hope you will forward onto your General Manager who runs a very tight and great ship lol.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SIA313,
Thank you very much for sharing with our readers the wonderful comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. My team are honoured to have made your experience with us memorable and do look forward to hosting you again at Heritage Auckland sometime very soon
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have stayed at Hertiage Auckland a few times and each occasion has been excellent. This time round I did have a few issues with their booking online in that the website kept crashing. But the lovely Anita at reservations sorted my request of a tower superior room. So it was a huge surprise to be upgraded to the one bedroom suite. Check-in was friendly and efficient. The suite was clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable. I like that my car is parked safely and that the hotel is not far from downtown Auckland.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Kiwishells,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the excellent comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted we have been able to share with you The Heritage Experience" that creates great memories for you to share with family and friends. We do look forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.
Thames, New Zealand
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I've stayed here many times and it never fails to impress. The front desk staff are always welcoming as are housekeeping; and when Maria's in the dining room to greet you, you feel right at home. Graeme, the GM, has instilled in his staff a desire to make each guest experience a positive one and it really shows. The rooms are quiet, spacious and well equipped and there's even complimentary plunger coffee in the rooms - and real milk in the fridge! I always look forward to a night or two at the Heritage Auckland, even when I'm in the midst of a hectic round of business meetings.

Room Tip: 7th floor facing the harbour offers a good chance of a great view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear nzauregionaldirector,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the excellent comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am very pleased that we continue to exceed your expectations and are committed to ensuring that "In our world, you are someone special" We look forward to hosting you at Heritage Auckland sometime very soon.
T.H.E. General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Most comfortable bed I have ever slept in at a hotel! Large Clean Rooms, exceptionally friendly and helpful staff :) Great Breakfast bar- healthy options too! Fabulous location near Sky City and ViaDuct. I will onyl be staying her in future

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jessicarabbit35,
Thank you for sharing with our readers the excellent comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am extremely pleased that we have been able to share with you The Heritage Experience including our "eat" and "stay" experiences that ensure the memories of your stay with us can be shared with friends and family. We do look forward to hosting you at Heritage Auckland sometime very soon.
T.H.E. General Manager
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We thought the staff were friendly, professional and helpful. Excellent buffet breakfast. Really good value family package. Location is great with access to the waterfront and sky city. Valet parking was extremely helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank xerxes_on_tour
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear xerxes_on_tour,
Thank you for sharing with our readers your excellent comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted we have been able share with you The Heritage Experience including our "Eat experience" that is gaining a very good reputation for value and quality for our guest. We do look forward to hosting you at Heritage Auckland sometime very soon.