“Another great stay”
Review of Heritage Auckland

Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed at the heritage several times, and I always love it. I prefer the original side of the hotel, as I was a fan of the old farmers building, and I have fond memories of the place. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela W
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Angela W,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted my team has been able to share our "Heritage" experience with you and we do look forward to welcoming you back sometime very soon.

There are newer reviews for Heritage Auckland

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed there with friends for the Roger Waters concert. We stayed there before and got a good deal on the internet so it was ok then. But this time we booked one of the luxury suites which has 2 bedrooms and how disappointing. We spend a lot of money and wanted something special, we told our friends about the swimming pool on the roof and that was the main reason to book this hotel again. But after walking with our bathrobes through the first hotel block, to the outside, along the tennis courts then back into the other building, up the elevator and then realize the pool is closed because it has major damage, looked like a building site. The apartment was also disappointing, the second bedroom was tiny and uncomfortable. We complained at the counter and were told that the pool was not advertised on the website anymore. This was a blatant lie, we looked the next day and it was still advertised with photos on their website and no mention about the pool being closed. We asked for some kind of compensation and were told very rudely that there would be none. We then talked to the manager and finally got him to give us a soft drink each. Wow, how generous. We should have sued him for misleading advertising. We then did not want to spoil our stay any further and went to the inside pool (still in our bathrobes). This was dirty and depressing. The spa pool had such dirty water that none of us even wanted to touch it!
When we took our drink vouchers to the restaurant we were told rudely that we can only use them at the bar. We felt like second hand citizens in a so called first class hotel. Nobody even offered to carry our luggage.
Never again! there are much better hotels at better prices and better service in Auckland.

Room Tip: there is no breakfast included
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jo N
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Jo N,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your stay in May 2012. It is always very difficult to resolve such issues 12 months after they have occurred. We have invested significant time and energy into our customer service standards and do believe that the majority of our reviewers would confirm this. The Hotel pool has been a complicated issue to resolve but I can confirm that we look forward to this facility opening sometime in August this year

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We arrived jet lagged into Auckland after a long flight and the hotel was exactly what we needed. The rooms are very large and have everything you need, ideally suited to let you stay in or within a few minutes walk you can get to all the key areas of the city.
Large bed was a welcome sight and it was all we could do to wait until it got dark before we slept the night away in comfort without any disruptions.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott S

Dear Scott S,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted my team have been able to share with you our Heritage Experience" and that we have been able to exceed your expectations. We do hope you have enjoyed the rest of your visit to New Zealand and would look forward to hosting you at Heritage Auckland sometime very soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The room was well equipped and very spacious. Excellent buffet breakfast with plenty to choose from. Awesome service from all the staff well dealt with. Will definitely stay again.
The Hotel buidling is better than the Tower rooms in my opinion, but with both option you can still be assured of top service.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Janine R

Dear Janine R,
Thank for sharing with our readers your fantastic comments relating to your recent stay with us. My team will be delighted to read your comments as we continue to work hard on ensuring our guest experience is one to remember and look forward to next time they visit Heritage Auckland.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed in your hotel on the March 22 and 23 and was very happy with the size of the room and the views from the window. The breakfast was great and everything functioned well....until on the morning of checkout, the airconditioning grill fell down and hit my partner on the back of the neck while she was brushing her teeth. I wondered what the huge crash and bang was! Luckily she was not hurt however I took some great pictures of the grill and the hole in the wall! When I checked out, I told the recption staff and they commented that they would get engineering to sort it out. It seemed strange that they did not take the welfare of their guests more seriously. I later filled out a survey form and posted this back hoping that the hotel would make amends....but I have heard nothing. I am not sure if Heritage Auckland really takes the welfare of its guests seriously??!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Geoff W
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Geoff W,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay with us. For our readers benefit the incident was reported with reception on check out and at the time the Manager on duty did follow up immediately with our maintenance team as this type of incident is taken extremely seriously the guest wanted to ensure that we were aware of it and when asked how their stay was "great" was the response. If there was some form of compensation required this would have been the appropriate time to raise this. We do take extreme care to review all rooms prior to guest check in however the grill over the bathroom would have been visually checked. We have taken steps to inspect the grills in each bath room and I am very happy to report that no other loose grills have been detected. The reviewer is correct that our written acknowledgement of his concern had not be responded to as of yesterday and I have taken issue with this as it is our firm policy to respond with in 24 hours to all guest concerns by way of telephone call or by email or letter. I can understand your concern and do wish to sincerely apologise for what has happened and do thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you are looking for a big fanciful modern hotel then Auckland Heritage is not for you.Its a simple understated hotel but eveything functions well.Checkin was quick and receptionist explained the facilities of the hotel.
Room was big and spacious and had everything that i needed.Fridge washing machine fully equipped kitchenette with stove and microwave.Bed was big and comfortable.Bathroom had their Manuka spa toiletries.A bit dated in decor but stil everything worked well.
Internet as usual in New Zealand is a ripoff.Archaic system of paying for one days`s usage at an exorbitant price of which after you used a certain amount of MB you are charged again.
Location slightly off the town area but was a pleasant walk.Right round the corner was the SkyCity tower.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GM_HeritageAuckland, General Manager at Heritage Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear AsianWorldTraveller,
Thank you for sharing feedback relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted that we have exceeded your expectations in most areas but would like to share with our readers that our internet charges have reduced 88% with in the last 12 months with 1GB of usage now only costing $15. I will look into your concern about cut off usage but in real terms I am delighted that we have been able to introduce these savings. I do hope that you have enjoyed the rest of your stay in New Zealand and would forward to hosting you again sometime very soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been in Auckland at Heritage. Room clean and big with first class services and amenities
I'm fully satisfied. The restaurant is nice with good food at a reasonable price, not as often happens in the hotels where you pay double. The breakfast was my preferred, the best way to start a day and at Heritage I found large choice and kind service, Maria is exellent!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Raffaele P

Dear Raffaele P,
Thank you for sharing with our readers comments relating to your recent stay at Heritage Auckland. I am delighted we have been able to exceed your "eat' and 'sleep" experience expectations. I have shared your comments with our team in particular highlighting Maria's positive impact on you stay with us. We do hope that we can welcome you back to Heritage Auckland sometime very soon.