“Copthorne Hotel”

Copthorne Hotel Auckland City
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I recently stayed at the Copthorne Hotel on Anzac Avenue. The staff were friendly and very helpful, my room was on the 4th floor and very comfortable, warm and quiet. The bathroom was clean, and had a large shower in it which was great, with good water pressure.
The hotel was walking distance to the CBD, ferry wharf and Sky Tower - all within about 10 minute walk to the hotel. It was also close to a lot of the attractions, such as the Auckland Museum, Albert Park, and Auckland University.
I did find the restaurant quite pricey, and room service incurred a $4 delivery fee which I didn't see the point of. I did use the wireless internet in my room, using my smartphone, and was only on the internet for no longer than about 10 minutes, and was charged about $17 for it, which I found was expensive. There is complementary Wi-Fi in reception in 20 minute allocations.
Overall, quite happy with the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Sammy_M119
Sarah O, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us, this is appreciated. I'm glad to read that overall you had a great stay and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here in a king suite. Our room was extremely clean and spacious. The bathroom itself was large with a very large shower with extra water jets on the wall. The bed was comfortable, however as always with a king bed, there's a seam down the middle where the two mattresses join which at time can be a nuisance. Good size televisions in both lounge and bedroom, and a small balcony off both the lounge and separate bedroom. Our room overlooked Vector Arena which is within very easy walking distance. The atmosphere was quiet. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rex S

Thank you very much for providing feedback and I am pleased to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again soon, thank you

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is in the university campus area and surrounded by busy roads yet the only thing you hear at night is the occasional ambulance siren as it whoops up & down the hills. The welcome is warm, the service incredible - they coped with two huge groups one evening yet those of us staying privately got exceptional service for dinner. The food is beautifully cooked & presented - try the Marlborough Sound salmon if you can. The hotel was scrupulously clean and well maintained - the day there was an issue it was sorted within an hour. Maintenance was constant & the reception staff took the time answer all questions & ensure understanding. They even drew us a map to the nearest cashpoint.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feedback, this is really pleasing to read. I'm glad you had such an enjoyable stay with us recently and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon, many thanks.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here for one night which was enough.... actually it was so disappointing we got up and left early and didn't even stay for our breakfast which we had paid for. The room was dated and there was mould in the bathroom. And the bed was horrible. We ate a meal in the restaurant after we arrived that night and that was well over priced, we left half of that because it wasn't nice, that's why we didn't risk breakfast. There are lots of hotels in Auckland avoid this one.......

Room Tip: You choice would be as good as ours.....Don't know what other rooms are like, but didn't lik...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ron H

Thank you for your honest feedback. I am disappointed to read your comments however I do appreciate you taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Recently stayed three nights for business so our priority was a good nights sleep. I rang a few days before hand to make a reservation, discuss the price and also put in my request for a room that would be quiet. Which we got, she put us up on the 6th floor (which is the highest) and her phone manner was polite.
When we arrived service from front desk was good & friendly, as it should be. Then made our way to our room which faced the city side. It was decent for the price. I then went to use the bathroom and had to get a tissue paper and take out the hair that was in the sink. (gross!)
Considering we were in Auckland city on a Friday and Sat night it wasn't that loud at all. Everything was mostly quiet and we got a good nights rest.
We didn't have time to try breakfast so I cant comment.
Overall it wasn't bad for the price. I would like to see a bit more care taken when cleaning the rooms. (ie. make a last minute check to see if hairs and things are gone from the bathroom sinks, showers) other than that was good and location is great.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank clumont
Reviewed May 27, 2014

One of my biggest hates is hotels who put a charge on your credit card without either telling you or without advising the amount when you check in, and this hotel did that. Why I hate it so much is that I used a debit card and they put a charge of about $200 which came off my money that I then didn't have access to for a week and a half of my 2 week holiday. Furthermore, that was more than the cost of the room incl breakfast that I had booked and then I still had to pay the $170 for that the next day. And given the supposed reputation of the chain the room was only average (toilet was noisy all night) and breakfast only ok. And they originally sent us up to a double room which wasn't the double plus single booked for the 3 person family - it shouldn't be that hard.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank AJBanf
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Arrived early.and the great staff let us in to our room.very cheap parking.very comfortable room with a balcony over looking the city and harbor. The shower was amazing.staff very friendly..great weekend.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andrea b
Sarah O, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Auckland City, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you very much for the great feedback, this is really nice to hear and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon, thank you