CityLife Auckland
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$134
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
$153
$136
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$162
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$139
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
$190
$121
$244
  • Restaurant
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$129
$102
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
Kiwi International Hotel(Auckland Central)
$55
$53
1,357 results
All reviewscity lifequeen streetzest restaurantgreat locationsky towerdeluxe suitefull kitchenvalet parkingwasher and dryernew zealandseparate bedroomcentral locationferry terminalhigher floorwould definitely stay here againhome away from homecomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2010

From beginning to end the staff at this hotel was very courteous and always willing to spare a moment, despite being very busy and apparently full when I was staying there. The receptionists are obviously highly experienced and always smiling and friendly, very good for first impressions.

The Asian concierge, I believe he may have been the head concierge, was very professional and accommodating, he really went out of his way.

The bar and restaurant staff did a good job, not too overbearing, just efficient and welcoming.

The room is comfortable, the bathroom a wee bit small for NZ standards, more like a hotel in Hong Kong :)

The only minor thing is that the pool is a bit 'scruffy', I did not find it overly impressive. The bathroom had some hairs in it that were not mine.

All and all a great pick.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I am sure i have stayed in a worse hotel, i am just not sure when. I travel to Auckland regularly and stay at another hotel that was unavailable this trip so i was booked in at the CityLife .... never again

I stayed in a standard room and to say it was small and dingy would be an understatement.. I looked out over a very suspect looking lane way and had the pleasure of listening to the loud music and associated yelling and yahooing from the local bar until the wee hours of the morning .. Finally got to sleep only to be woken up by the garbage trucks.

I dragged by very tied self to breakfast only to wait 20 minutes without being served so i walked and ended up with something from Mcdonalds..
Do yourself a favour.. look elsewhere for your Auckland accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Bob_the_Aussie
HeritageHotelsNZ, Manager at CityLife Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2010

Dear Bob-
Thank you for your feedback, I do appreciate your comments. It is important to us that we receive this feedback so we can continually look at ways to improve. It is always our aim to ensure guests enjoy professional service and their expectations are exceeded by our caring innovative style of hospitality and on this occasion we failed to deliver. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
I agree the experience you encountered is completely unacceptable. We are currently working with the Auckland City Council in regards to the noise level from surrounding businesses and options we have to improve the situation. We certainly strive to achieve excellence in every aspect of our business and it is really only with the feedback from guests such as you that we can improve and maintain the high standards in which we pride ourselves.

Kind Regards,
Nicole Lawson

Reviewed May 1, 2010

Even though there were some communications problems with my third-party booking of this hotel, the staff made sure everything was right. The check-in counter staff and the bell captain crew were helpful, cheerful, and just a pleasure at all times.

We had breakfast nearly every day of our stay there. While the breakfast buffet wasn't huge, it was always fresh and tasty. They had a version of Eggs Benedict (menu item rather than buffet) done with salmon instead of Canadian bacon that was wonderful! Again, the staff in the dining room was always helpful and pleasant. Not cheap, but worth the price. Lots of real smiles and friendly service.

The towel/heater bar in the bathroom was a nice touch. Great for drying out your hand-washables.

I would have preferred a firmer mattress though, especially one with independent coils so as not to disturb my husband when I toss a bit at night. Not bad, just not the best possible.

We would gladly stay at CityLife again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2010

Stayed one night in a single room. Was really disappointed after reading all the good reviews. The room was tired and dated, the carpet didn't look clean. Everything was basic and I don't think I'll stay again. The 2 really good things they had going for them was the service was very good and the location is very centralized. It could be that I had a bad room. I would consider again if I can guarantee a room that I've seen in some of these reviews.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2010

I stayed at the Citylife Auckland for two nights mid April 2010.

The Hotel is located in Queen Street - very central for business, shopping and public transport. Check-in was easy and the porter was extremely helpful and friendly. My room was a studio with separate bathroom, which was located on the 15th floor with a view of the Sky Tower. The furnishings were appropriate for a hotel of the class and there was even a pillow menu. My only criticisms of the room are that the towels were very average and the heating was hard to regulate and was too hot (had to open the door to cool the room down).

I had lunch at Zest one day and enjoyed their $15 special with two dishes, which came with Tom Yum Soup and Melon Salad. The lunch was a good portion size for me for lunch but maybe might have been a bit on the small side for my husband if he was there. The waiter was efficient, non-intrusive and even helped me to plan some sight seeing activities. Also came back with a business colleague for happy hour later that day and was greated with a great nibble of salt & pepper squid with fresh salsa - perfect accompaniment to some nicely chilled sav blanc.

Check out was as easy as the check in - fast and efficient. As someone else commented, the internet is quite expensive, which came as a bit of a shock to me at check out as I had only used it for about 2 mins in total.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for the discerning business traveller - you will be looked after.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business