Having arrived after a 22 hour flight from the UK we were a little disappointed at not being able to access our room earlier than the usual time of 2 pm, however we were able to leave our luggage at reception until it was serviced. As requested, we were allocated a room on the 22nd floor having read reviews recommending higher floors. The view down to Queen Street, especially at night was stunning and we experienced no noise either from the street or from neighbouring rooms/the lifts. The separate bedroom from the lounge/kitchen was appreciated and the bed extremely comfortable. We felt it was well furnished although the basic kitchen units let it down a little and we didn't get a 'wow factor' when we arrived. As other reviews have pointed out, the airport bus conveniently stops right outside (although in our case the driver ignored our request to stop!). The location is very convenient, the staff helpful and it's great having shops and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. As we were quite weary after our journey and didn't feel like staying out in the evenings it would have been nice to have had good TV reception for our 2 night stay but unfortunately a viewable picture was limited to 2 or 3 channels. However, we would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and family and would be happy to stay here again in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern spacious high-rise - In the heart of Auckland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your CityLife Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citylife Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Citylife Hotel Auckland
- Auckland Citylife Hotel
- CityLife Auckland New Zealand