1,070 results
All reviews club room atrium bar sky tower police station aotea square new zealand queen street rooms are spacious room service good size buffet breakfast stayed for nights easy access comfortable stay long flight car parking central location
Selected filters
Reviewed December 2, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 4-nights for our 5 year anniversary early Dec 2018.

The good:
----------
Friendly and prompt service at the front desk.
The room layout was nice and clean.
Comfortable bed with lots of pillows.
The Front desk was accommodating when we needed an American power adaptor and a bandaid.
It was quiet and decently easy walk to shops and restaurants, however don't expect anyone to give you good directions or any recommendations on where to go, we had to figure that out on our own.
It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the pier where you can get on the ferry to Davonport or Weihkie. Which we highly recommend you do!
They brought us champagne and gift for our anniversary.
They have a nice exercise room and heat room/sauna.

Bad
----

We arrived early due to our flight situation. We weren't given access to the pool area or patio area and were made to wait in the lobby for 4+ hours. I guess there wasn't one clean room in the entire hotel. They weren't even busy! So we slept on their uncomfortable couch in the back while we waited for a bit then walked around aimlessly as no suggestions or recommendations were given to us.
The hotel is very dated, hallway floors are stained in places and rooms could potentially use new furniture.
The stocked refrigerator in our room was bare and near empty with not much options. (See photo)
Room service was lacking: we left room service items outside the door, and it sat there for three days! Room service also took all our soaps and shampoo one day so when we came back we had nothing to shower or even wash our hands. Their attention to detail needs to be re-evaluated by management. No wonder our room wasn't ready upon arrival.
The room view wasn't anything to write home about.
The pool was small and cramped. It's more of a lap pool for exercise than for vacation. (Indoor pool and felt stuffy)
No hot tub. Disappointing! :-(

The Brasserie Buffet Restaurant: I dropped my review a whole star because of our experience here. We went here twice... both times service was lacking. Both times the same exact server on our side. Her name was "Ala" and she was horribly lacking in service and not friendly. She acted agitated when asked for anything. Our second visit was the worst. We sat down and got NO service, waited for coffee for 5 minutes, got our food from the buffet and still no coffee or service!! Ala just walking around cleaning and setting tables and not being attentive to us at all. I finally just got up and found the coffee pot at the waiter counter and brought it back to fill up our own cups of coffee. The second time I asked her for coffee and she turned to address a dirty table while I waited for her to get me coffee. So I finally just got up and got my own from the waiters table. The dirty table was more important than us! Really?!? Also bare in mind the coffee isn't at the buffet , it's supposed to be served. What's worse is she served the guy that sat right next to us almost immediately after he sat down. We honestly felt discriminated against for whatever reason we do not know. Also when I asked her for a cup of coffee to go she said I'd have to pay extra for that?!? Really? I can't take a cup of coffee to go back to my room after paying $30 for breakfast? Utter rubbish... if this is true and she is following the rules than shame on the management, if this isn't true, Ala should be fired for bad service and discrimination. -- On a positive note the food at the buffet was good, the cooks are doing a fantastic job, but because of this experience we won't be coming back here anytime soon.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed November 30, 2018

Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
KayY193, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2018

Reviewed November 29, 2018

Our last night in New Zealand was spent at this hotel. We were on our 30th wedding anniversary trip and left NZ with great memories. We were upgraded to a suite which was very nice. We found a bottle to bubbles and chocolates waiting for us. This kind gesture was greatly appreciated and it will be a memorable experience from our last night in NZ. Staff very nice!!

Dear Maria,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write your comments, and to give us this positive review.
Our staff are very much dedicated to providing exceptional customer service for every guest, every time.

Again thank you so much for your review - such a pleasure to read and I can't wait to pass your feedback onto the team.

We hope to welcome you back to the Grand Millennium Hotel in the very near future!

Kind regards
Kay
Guest Relations Executive

Reviewed November 28, 2018

This is the only hotel that made me feel unhappy during my three-weeks stay at KIWI. Millennium Aucland took my impression down by their impolite check-in staff and noisy room. Althouigh their check-out is good, but i will not choose Millennium for my next stay at Aucland for sure!

Review collected in partnership with MillenniumHotels.com
Reviewed November 27, 2018

Stayed overnite on recent Auckland trip to see show at Civic Theatre . Have stayed at 7 or 8 Auckland CBD hotels over the years , so chose this for proximity location to Civic - first time stayer here. Check in and check were both smooth and efficient - great and helpful concierge , most of staff were pleasnat and helpful - easy overnite parking next door to hotel - can access hotel all undercover if raining. The grand lobby area is impressive - however once into the hallways etc. - could do with updating. The rooms however look as though they have had a refresh of recent times - very well appointed with all you would expect at a four star facility and nice to have a separate shower and bath instead of the usual shower over bath option you get at most. The bed was very comfortable and traffic noise not to much of an issue. We were on tenth floor facing city to north-east . We ate at the buffet breakfast restaurant next morning - pleasant seating and ambienec- the usual kiwi hotel buffet with all the usual options - was average to good . Only gripe would be more fresh fruit and not tinned stuff. Overall we both enjoyed our stay and would happily stay again in future - especially if we are attending any more shows at the Civic Theatre or Aotea Center . Thumbs up

Room tip: Higher rooms best - especially on the wings - not near central atrium