“Great Location”

Grand Millennium Auckland
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
“Great Location”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I recently decided to pay my sister in Auckland a surprise visit and as such booked this hotel for my first night there. I chose it based on its location as it was near enough to her office on high street, five min walk approx.
On arriving I was greeted by very friendly staff and check in was very prompt and efficient which is what you need after a few long flights.
My room had two large double beds and was spotlessly clean. It also had a lovely big bathroom with large powerful shower.
I cant really comment on the facilities of the hotel as I didn't get a chance to use them but based on staff , room size and location I would have no problem recommending this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear annkaren1,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we are delighted to receive your feedback and recommendation.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and would invite you to follow us on Twitter or friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials and events.

Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Loved the hotel, people and location. The city is marvelous as is the hotel. Close to stop off for Hop and Ride and close to walk to multiple wonderful restaurants and places to see. Easy access to board cruise ship.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Nancy D,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and especially with regards to our guest service and location.

Once again thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to New Zealand in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I was with my hubby at the Rendezvous, who was there for a business trip of three days. The hotel room was nice and tidy but it was also a plain, expressionless room. I don't like that kind of rooms.
Of 6 clean towels that we had in the bathroom, 3 of them had stains :( very disappointing! And I have also noticed a stain on my pillow. Probably they should change their laundry service.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KikaPS
Dear KikaPS,

Thank you for your review and on behalf of the Team here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland I would like to extend my apologies to you for the experience you outline in your review with regards to the Bath Towels and Pillow’s.
I will pass your comments onto our Executive Housekeeper and Laundry provider as clearly this has fallen short of our minimum expectations.

Should you be travelling to Auckland in the near future I would respectfully request that you make contact with me and I will ensure that you experience the true Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were planning to stay at this hotel for just 2 nights but due to some emergency came in late on our check out date, the hotel staff was more than accommodating and even let us keep the same room for 2 more nights. We were more than glad for not having to shift our luggage to another room

The location is very convenient with major attractions and restaurants at a walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Divya S
Dear Divya S,

Thank you for choosing Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and for taking the time to complete your review. We were delighted to read your comments with regard to our reception team and glad we could assist you.

Once again thank you and we do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

sydney
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for four days. Check in was fast and front desk staff was all smiling and very polite. We had the buffet breakfast and while it was fairly average what was worth noting are the service we got from the wait staff. Everybody was attentive making sure we are happy with our meal and whether we wanted more coffee or tea. I can also say that all the staff of the hotel are very friendly. Housekeeping staff we meet on our way will always greet us with a smile and a greeting. On our last day, one of the front desk staff offered us newspaper while we were waiting for our ride to airport. Hotel is outdated but bed is comfortable and our room is very clean. Hotel is also near queen street which is auckland's Main shopping strip. Hotel is also a 10 to 15 minute walk to viaduct harbour and britomart train station and the sky tower. You can also see the sky tower from the balcony of the hitel's bar in the second level. We had a good view of the fireworks from the tower during the Chinese New Year. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to my friends.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear momSydney

Thank you for your recent review of Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us particularly with regard to our level of service. I will pass on your comments to our wider team.

We are thrilled to have your recommendation and we do trust you enjoyed your visit to Auckland and hope you will have the chance to return soon.

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed February 20, 2014

A hotel of this standing should not have single-glazed windows, and put you into a room on their very busy street. And, if you object, they should do something about it. As you can guess, that was not their response, sorry to say.
The physical facility itself: generally first class, except the above-mentioned windows, and the A/C. Oddly, the latter had no temp control. ? When I called to the front desk to ask about this, they assured me that it was near the bathroom, which was untrue. What was near the bathroom was a switch, presumably adjusting the air flow, which itself would control the temperature - a unique, even shockingly inferior method. I thot it telling that no one came, or even offered to come, to show me this 'control' - as it did not really exist.
The spa: a beautiful pool, and a reasonable array of equipment, except - no recumbent stationary bicycle.
The worst part, I suppose, was the general attitude: no indication, from the management at least, that the customer really counted for much (it was a different story with most of the staff, including the concierge desk). Some fundamental changes need to be made in this - basically very fine - hotel.

Room Tip: Interior room, facing the courtyard, NOT, in any circumstances - unless you are, unlike me, a very s...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MHSanFrancisco
Dear MHSanFrancisco,

Thank you for sharing your review of Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were extremely disappointed to read of your experience. We pride ourselves on delivering an outstanding level of service and it is clear that on this occasion we have failed to deliver and for this I would like to extend, on behalf of the Team our sincerest apologies.

It is a shame that I could not meet with your and discuss your concerns, we genuinely do care about our guests.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 15, 2014

One of the nicest stays I had during my trip down under. The rooms are spacious & comfortable. The internet connection is good. The staff is helpful & always willing to help with a smile. Breakfast was excellent. The hotel is centrally located & you can easily walk around the central areas of interest. Would love to be back here in future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear SumitChhajer,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and on behalf of the team I thank you for your review and endorsement of the hotel.

We do trust you enjoyed the remainder of your time in New Zealand and look forward to welcoming you back to Auckland and New Zealand in the very near future