“Highly recommended - clean, convenient & safe”

Grand Millennium Auckland
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Wellington, New Zealand
“Highly recommended - clean, convenient & safe”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Can't recommend this hotel highly enough - very modern & clean, delicious room service & not overpriced, very friendly staff, great location, super comfy beds, & easy parking next to the hotel. Nice spacious room & bathroom. I was travelling on my own for business & felt safe, even walking up the street & into the hotel at 11pm. Right next to Civic Square so easy access to the CBD. Will definately choose this as my hotel of choice for future trips. Only one small thing to mention which is that you can hear traffic noise as it's right in the central city, however with ear plugs I didn't have a problem sleeping.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Roxinnz I,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review.

I will share this with the wider team who as I was will be thrilled and very proud to read your comments especially with regard to the customer service. Please note on your return visit to request one of our West facing rooms as these are away from any road and are very quiet.

Once again thank you for your very kind comments review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great location and facilities with the exception of the fact that the bathroom flooded while showering (not pleasant but bearable). However, if it wasn't for Mirna at the concierge, the hotel's rating would have been marked down for customer service, given a few significant blips relating to the functionality of our safety deposit box (which was not working and not fixed throughout our stay despite their promise to do so on the first day) and instructions on use of the wifi. On the latter, we were advised on the availability of wifi, although we were not adequately informed about the correct steps required to access the service. We made a few attempts to log on, with no success, and since we were duly informed that the service was "low speed", we gave up. On the second day, we were fortunate to have Mirna assist us - she went out of her way to demonstrate exactly how to access the wifi, which then worked perfectly! In a city where good wifi seems to be in short supply, this was most useful and convenient for us.

Dear JBCC1979,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland following your recent stay with us.

Your feedback is extremely valuable and I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention some of the issues that without Mirna’s assistance you would have rated us at a lower level. I would like to apologise on behalf of the team the issues you encountered with your Safe, the internet and the shower, I will follow these up with our individual leaders within the hotel.

Once again thank you and I will pass your comments onto Mirna with our congratulations.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at the Rendezvous for our wedding anniversary. This was the first time we had stayed here and were very impressed. The hotel lobby was very impressive, staff were all amazing and the food was excellent. This is now our favourite place to stay in Auckland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Jo S,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review following your recent stay at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were thrilled to read your comments and learn that we are now your favourite Auckland Hotel.

On behalf of the Team, I would like to wish you our congratulations on your Anniversary and we look forward to welcoming you back next year if not sooner.

Windsor, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We arrived in the early hours.
Our room was comfortable and clean
An issue with an outside disturbance was dealt with promptly by the hotel staff.
Upon Check Out the Manager took the time to ask if we had had a nice stay and to apologise for the disturbance the previous evening,which was in all fairness beyond the Hotel's control.
Queen Street is only a short walk away and we had a very good dinner @ Degree on 204 Quay Street,recommend the stuff and turf!!

Dear Dave E,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review of Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and we once again would like to extend our apologies for the late noise, which unfortunately was beyond our control.

The Hotel is normally very quiet and we are free of disturbances such as the one you experienced, during the night we made several complaints along with our other neighbours to Noise Control and we also made an official complaint through the local Council.

We are confident that this was a one off event and future guests can book with assurance that our hotel is very quiet despite being in a CDB location.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have recently had the pleasure of two short term stays at the
Rendezvous and were very happy with our choice. Reception staff could not have been more helpful especially as our son and family arrived on an early morning flight from the US and were given immediate check-in. Our rooms were spacious and comfortable and the bathrooms were huge! Rendezvous is an hotel I would happily revisit if ever we return to Auckland.

Room Tip: No tip necessary, all our rooms were perfect!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear mil1917,

Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent experience here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland, we were thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Once again, Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to New Zealand and Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland very soon.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here when we came up to Auckland for the Taylor Swift concert. It was my daughter and I and so I booked a package including parking and breakfast for a real treat. The check in process was quick and staff were lovely. They went out of their way to talk to my daughter about why we were up etc so she felt really included. We spent some time in the pool which was nice and good to have a supply of towels in the pool area.
For dinner we ordered from the room service menu. It arrived very quickly and felt it was good value for the money. The amenities in the bathroom were totally adequate and the bath was a great size and nice to have a separate shower.Breakfast in the morning was a really good selection of food which was all fresh. Nice atmosphere in the restaurant as well. The beds were really nice and we had a great night sleep. It was very quiet and normally I have a terrible sleep because we live in a rural location and have no road noise in the evenings but I slept right through.
Thanks for a great stay and we will definitely be back next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
RendezvousAuckland, General Manager at Grand Millennium Auckland, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear MazJ1975,

Thank you for taking the time to review Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland following your recent visit to Auckland with your daughter to watch Taylor Swift.

We were thrilled to read your comments with regard to our welcoming team members, our value for money room service, breakfast and atmosphere of our restaurant,

We are very lucky in that we have some very quiet rooms within the hotel so despite being within the CBD there is no road noise and it will only be the birds in the morning that may wake you up.

I will share your review with our team whom as I was will be delighted to read your comments, once again thank you and we do look forward to having you return to the hotel.

Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have been staying at this property for many years now, from then The Ritz Carlton to Rendezvous Grand today, the man at the door must have been here for many years, as cheerful and bright as ever, he can make your day as much as the front desk and the concierge
I like the foyer, lots of space and the room is clean and comfortable, but I don't receive newspaper that I used to earlier.
Though this isn't the hotel that I stayed on my first visit to Auckland in 1997, but I have not moved or change to others from my first stay, this is certainly is my first choice now, I will definitely stay at this hotel on my return.

Room Tip: Choose room that faces the foyer and or overlook the bar,
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear kumwah,

It is a pleasure to hear from you here at Rendezvous Grand Hotel Auckland and thank you for your many years of loyalty to the hotel.

Kevin has been with the hotel for over 15 years and we are very proud to have him as part of the team and I will ensure that we let him know of your comments.

Once again, thank you and we certainly look forward to having your return in the very near future.