We stayed for two nights in a Club room on the 10th floor. Our (hefty) room gave us access to the Club Lounge on the 12th Floor and a choice to eat up top or full buffet in the lobby. While the hotel is certainly not a beautiful building, the rooms are very comfortable and spacious and all staff were friendly. Special mention to one guy on concierge who organised a tour for us, then when we ran into him that afternoon he stopped to ask how it was and if we would recommend it for others. What a star!
My only reservations: the hotel interior is well overdue for a refresh, so much light red and orange carpet with brown brown lifts. We also had a seriously faulty hairdryer which was replaced for us, as it was a pretty severe fire hazard. Overall we would stay again, due to its great location and proximity to everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Zealand's largest hotel located in the heart of cosmopolitan and provides impeccable service and coupled with superb facilities, such as an indoor pool, saunas, gymnasium and award-winning restaurants and bars. The hotel features 452 elegantly appointed oversized guest rooms and suites that will ensure comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Grand Millennium Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland Rendezvous Hotel
- Grand Millennium Auckland New Zealand