Have stayed at the Rendezvous previously so when the opportunity came up to return and stay in a Balcony Suite, I booked without second thought. On arrival when checking in at 5pm (on a room available from 3pm) we were told the room was not ready but we could go up to the lounge on level 12 for drinks and canapes which were delicious. Unfortunately we had no room key as our room wasn't ready so we had to go back down to reception to get room keys. Once back at level 12 the keys were not programmed correctly but fortunately the attendant let us in.
Shortly after the room was ready so we headed in. Our luggage had not been delivered as promised. It was at this point while looking around exploring the room we found the toilet in the main bathroom still had solid waste from the the previous guest. Disgusting. We went back to reception to complain about that and to get the keys reprogrammed so we could return to the club lounge on level 12. Upon informing the front desk of the toilet problem, the reply was "Oh sorry about that" twice. Returning to the club lounge the keys STILL didn't let us in but fortunately the attendant was kind and understanding. I didn't bother to try again as going up and down the hotel in the elevator isn't why I was there.
Around 8pm we got a call from the duty manager apologizing for the issues we had with our room offering us a bottle of wine or two complimentary desserts. While this is a nice gesture I still felt let down by the overall service and finding fecal matter in a supposedly 'clean' bathroom. This is twice as frustrating considering we had to wait for the room to be 'cleaned'. It should be noted we arrived at 5pm having indicated we would be there at 4pm but traffic had slowed us down, even still with the extra hour from check in opening of 3pm, the room was late and not up to standard. The rest of the stay was uneventful and the full cooked breakfast was delicious except for rubbery pancakes. Surprisingly enough on check out we had to wait for the concierge on the phone before we could get parking validated. We could overhear that vehicles in the hotel carpark building had been broken into overnight, I'm glad we had removed all valuables from our rental! Keep this in mind when booking here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Zealand's largest hotel located in the heart of cosmopolitan and provides impeccable service and coupled with superb facilities, such as an indoor pool, saunas, gymnasium and award-winning restaurants and bars. The hotel features 452 elegantly appointed oversized guest rooms and suites that will ensure comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Millennium Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auckland Rendezvous Hotel
- Grand Millennium Auckland New Zealand