We had a two night stay at the beginning of our trip and returned for five nights at the end of trip. This is a busy smaller hotel with an excellent central location near the city. Good value for money in our opinion.
We were lucky enough to have rooms with a beautiful view over the city and harbour. Our rooms were large and had been recently redecorated. Beds were very comfortable. Bathrooms were clean but average with shower over the bath (restrictions due to the age of hotel).. Self catering facilities were great for quick meals with our toddler granddaughter.. The best thing about the room was the couch and two armchairs to relax in. We experienced dinner in the hotel restaurant and the food was of a very good standard - pricing comparable with many Auckland restaurants during our two week visit to New Zealand. Free Carparking was good most of the time, with overflow out onto Gladstone Road. Guest Laundry was a real bonus. Staff were always very friendly and helpful. There are various levels of accommodation to suit most budgets.
Nearby shopping is in Parnell, a tourist orientated shopping street, with Newmarket a five minute drive/bus ride down the road. A LINK Bus Service operates up Parnell Road every 10-15 mins during the day and completes a city circuit. This is a must to experience! A tourist bus to the Zoo, Kelly Tarltons Underwater World, MOTAT etc stops at the entrance of this hotel.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 'stay-put' hotel to visit our daughter and granddaughter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 105 air-conditioned rooms centrally located on 3.5 acres in the desirable residential area of Parnell. Most hotel rooms and serviced apartments have expansive views of Auckland city and harbour and 67 serviced apartments have full kitchens. The hotel offers free onsite parking, wireless internet, complimentary morning newspaper, 24-hour reception, room service and porters, coffee shop/cafe, restaurant and bar. Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell is within walking distance of the historic Parnell Village, Auckland CBD, Auckland Domain and Museum, Newmarket shopping precinct and close to the Auckland Hospital, Auckland University and the Vector Arena. Quality Hotel Parnell is owned by the Norman F.B. Barry Foundation, being a charitable trust registered under the Charities Act 2005. Registration No: CC33047. Donations are made to support the community and the advancement of Medical Research. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quality Hotel Parnell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barrycourt Hotel Auckland
- Quality Hotel Parnell Auckland, New Zealand