We stayed at the Barrycourt only one night on this trip (thank goodness).
The room was one of their 2 brm motel units.
After checking in we tried to find a parking space onsite - no such luck, we had to park offsite about 250metres away.
The room was very dated for supposed 4 star accommodation.
We decided to dine at their restaraunt that night - when we got there we were asked to wait in the lounge until a table became vacant, not usually an issue; we waited just over 10minutes for a table, we were seated and given a menu each and a glass of water, our waiter came and advised us of the specials and left us for 5 minutes to decide what we would like; he then returned, took our orders and then advised us that there would be a wait of at least 45 minutes from ordering as the kitchen was very busy; I believe we could have been told before we were seated.
We dined out and when we returned after midnight we still could not park nearby, having to park over 100metres from our room.
To make things worse our bed had the dreaded roll-together.
We did have breakfast in the restaraunt and that was very nice.
For the cost I was most disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell has recently completed a four year refurbishment programme and is proud of the ongoing commitment to provide quality rooms for our valued guests. The Hotel offers free onsite parking, free wireless internet, free morning newspaper, 24 hour reception, room service and porters, coffee shop/cafe, restaurant and bar. The Hotel does not charge a credit card surcharge. Auckland's Quality Hotel Parnell is within walking distance of the historic Parnell village, Auckland CBD, Auckland Domain and Museum, Newmarket shopping precinct and close to the Auckland Hospital, Auckland University and the Vector arena. We have a contract for exclusive taxi services from the Hotel to the Domestic and or International airports for a fixed cost of NZ$45.00. The Auckland Explorer Bus stops directly outside our Hotel on it's daily circuit. Quality Hotel Parnell Ltd is owned by the Norman F B Barry Foundation, being a charitable trust registered under the Charities Act 2005. Registration No: CC33047. Our continuing goal is to support medical research in New Zealand and also make scholarships available to young New Zealand science graduates, who are in need of financial assistance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Hotel Parnell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barrycourt Hotel Auckland
- Quality Hotel Parnell Auckland, New Zealand