We stayed at the Hilton Apartments recently after a around the world trip(last leg), it is located on the waterfront, which is also apart of the Hilton Hotel complex. We arrived very early from an overnight flight from Chile, and we were welcomed by a warm, cheerful and contented staff , even at 4.30am.
Our apartment was magnificent, a two bedroom , two bathroom modern self contained unit with an enormous balcony, which looked directly onto the spectacular serene Auckland harbour.
The apartment consisted of a large modern kitchen with marble bench tops, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, kettle, coffee and tea facilities, pots, pans and other useful cool kitchen stuff.
Lounge room was elegantly furnished with large four seater couch, chairs, dining table for six, TV, DVD, coffee table, lamps, and working desk with internet broadband.
The main bedroom had a king size bed with a gorgeous walk-in dressing room, bathrobes and fluffy towels , safe, and a luxury en suite bathroom which you could fit a harem in.
Second bedroom had twin beds, although slightly smaller it suited our two adult teenagers, plus they had a separate bathroom across the hallway...they felt very much at home.
The balcony which lead off the lounge room was enormous, an large outdoor setting was also provided, with a coffee in hand you could watch the early morning ferries bustling for space at the wharf terminals. Night time, was also outstanding, with sparkling dazzling lights.
Breakfast....... brilliant l...waterfront views ,although you had to walk down the path (approx 3mins) into the main Hilton complex, the variety was what was expected for a 5 star hotel, European and American.
Location: On the waterfront, just a five minutes walk up to the CBD.
Heaps of nightlife around this area and exceptional good restaurants.
Staff: Fab…always had a huge smile.
I highly recommend this hotel, especially the apartments, they are very unique with delightful views...very chic, stylish and modern which would suit most budgets.
We booked this hotel on [-]wotif.com.au and we got the most incredible deal for a family..( US $200.)
I give the whole experience a big 5 plus….and I am very finicky and picky….a wonderful place to stay if you have a group or family…or even for a couple.
Negative: the apartments are not serviced, (hence no mini bar) and if a cruise ship happens to be in town, you have a problem, and you would not have a water view…the ship would be looking into your room…that’s how close you are to the water…I guess its called luck….Good Luck.!!
Positive: there is a good little supermarket just two mins away to buy wine, beer, milk etc. for stocking up your big fridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Auckland sits on the iconic Princes Wharf 300 meters out into the Waitemata Harbour. Enjoy views over the city or past the harbour to the Hauraki Gulf. Take a trip from the nearby Ferry terminal or enjoy the fun at the nearby Viaduct or Britomart precincts. Whether for business or leisure, Hilton Auckland is ideally located on the vibrant Auckland waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Auckland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Auckland Hotel Auckland Central
- Auckland Hilton
- Hilton Auckland New Zealand