“Expensive for the price! Over Rated! But Nice Room! Good Location!”
Review of Hilton Auckland

Hilton Auckland
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Los Angeles
“Expensive for the price! Over Rated! But Nice Room! Good Location!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am a Hilton Patron. I had high expectations from this hotel. It was much more expensive than other options in the area. Location was good. Not centrally located in the city, but surely was located at the harbor. Service was good. I did not receive my room early as requested, but was given complimentary drinks (coffee or anything) while I wait. In addition, I requested a room with a view and was denied at my face- which was rather disappointing. I am a silver member of Hilton and do not stay with Hilton to receive such service, I was asked to pay additional fees. No Hilton Hotel has ever treated me that way and also was denied addition late checkout. So was rather disappointed being a Hilton Honor Silver Member, discouraged me from staying at other Hilton Hotels internationally. I think it is just "Honored" in the US.

Room Tip: You may be able to find a better value hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear mo_9287

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and it was our pleasure to welcome you to Hilton Auckland as a HHonors Silver member. I am pleased that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay at the hotel, enjoying the superb waterfront location on Waitemata Harbour.

I am sorry you felt that you did not receive full HHonors benefits at our hotel, and that the room upgrade policy was maybe not explained to you appropriately at check-in. I do apologize if this was the case.

Please feel free to contact me directly on email roger.brantsma@hilton.com if I can be of any further assistance in the future or if you wish to share any further information with me.

Kind regards, Roger.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My first experience at the Hilton over 4 years ago was just horrid, and now after spending two nights there, what a huge difference!!! The Service was unbelievable!! Such Welcoming Staff and offfers of help was all around!!! The Room overlooking the Harbour was Stunning and was great to see Turndown Service was on offer which is a very rare treat at five star hotels these days in New Zealand. Overall, I really enjoyed my time here and will now only stay at Hilton Hotel Auckland when I am there!!! Great Service and so please keep it up!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear TravelMelbourne

Thank you for choosing to return to Hilton Auckland; it was our pleasure to welcome you back. I am delighted you had a truly memorable experience and that the team looked after you well, convincing you that we are now your preferred choice hotel!

We look forward to seeing you back on future stays.

Bear, Delaware
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here our first three nights in New Zealand and couldn't have been happier with he hotel. It is located right on the waterfront and is convenient to all Auckland attractions and dining. The rooms are completely fitted out with all the amenities even to include a universal plug adapter. There is a balcony and a large bathroom. Every night we got turndown service with water and chocolates and a paper in the morning. Wireless Internet is free in the bar and lobby. The staff could not have been more helpful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BearTraveler69
Dear BearTraveler69

Thank you for opting to post your favourable review on TripAdvisor. It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you and I am delighted you enjoyed the Hilton experience. The hotel most certainly does boast an enviable waterfront location, whilst being in very close proximity to the hub of Auckland’s entertainment precinct.

We look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Auckland.

Boston, MA
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed in an OceanView Room and that is definitely worth the upcharge. Find a rate that includes breakfast: The buffet breakfast is very good, but excessively expensive on a stand-alone basis. Like often in New Zealand the Room WiFi access rates are high -- use the free Internet in the lobby

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Peter B
Dear Peter B

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and for posting your review on TripAdvisor; I appreciate your feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed the spectacular waterfront location and it would certainly be our pleasure to have you stay with us again should future travels bring you back to Auckland.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at this property for three weeks this month. I very much enjoyed my stay due to the superb service of the staff. The front desk, bar, restaurant, concierge and housekeeping staff are all superior. Two staff deserve to be named -- Luciano and Nick. Luciano is a concierge and he went out of his way to assist with transportation, restaurant bookings, and car hire reservations, and other coordination. Nick, in the bar, offered friendly service each night, including bar and dinner service in the lounge. It was nice to be able to end each day with a drink or two in the bar. Both of these staff set the bar for service and deserve to be applauded.

Three weeks can be a long stay at any hotel. The three weeks flew by here (I took some breaks on the weekend and went to Lake Taupo and to Waiheke Island!) due to the superb service of the staff. Thank you to the Hilton Auckland.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the floors have generous balconies
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SMEMBoston_Ma
Dear SMEMBoston_Ma

It was our pleasure to care for you during your stay with us and thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. The team and I are delighted you enjoyed the hotel and that you felt right at home, with the team taking good care of you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future should you return to Auckland, the ‘City of Sails’.

New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel is outstanding. Location spot on right on the waterfront and easy to find and access.
We had the most amazing room several floors up with views to die for. Surrounded by windows we hardly wanted to leave the room. I opened a cupboard to put the Champagne in the fridge and to my delight and absolute amazement we had our own proper coffee machine heated and ready to go in the cupboard. Now that one was a first for me. The other fantastic thing was there were electric controllers for blind opening and shutting so many windows it would have taken a while to close them all.
When we first arrived our room wasnt quite ready so we were given a voucher to have a drink at the bar while we waited.
The staff were beyond outstanding,friendly and helpful and we could not fault anything about this Hotel. Wanted to stay for the rest of the year. We most certainly will be back.

Room Tip: We upgraded to make sure we had a harbour view and then went in a ballot type thing if a better room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 500Jools
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear 500Jools

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and posting your review on TripAdvisor.
The hotel most certainly does feature a unique location situated on the Waitemata Harbour enjoying uninterrupted and magnificent views across the water.

I am delighted you both enjoyed the experience and it will certainly be our pleasure to welcome you back on future stays.

Salisbury UK
Reviewed October 9, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the door in a taxi from the airport to the moment we left, finding our rental car already loaded with our luggage, the staff here provided a fantastic level of service. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - the concierge staff in particular were extremely helpful in providing information and help.

The location at the end of the quay is amazing. Our standard room was on the third floor and overlooked the harbour from the balcony. The room was beautifully clean with just about everything provided - and if it wasn't it was soon be delivered.

We had breakfast in the hotel each day, a buffet style service which had just about everything you could possibly want for breakfast, and if it wasn't there the staff would get it for you.

We ate one evening in the Fish restaurant. The menu was fairly short but covered most things, and again the service throughout was superb.

All in all a fantastic start to our holiday in NZ.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank QJH
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear QJH

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I truly appreciate your complimentary feedback in regards to the hotel’s accommodations, exceptional customer service at Concierge and in our FISH restaurant. It was our pleasure to have been of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back should you return to Auckland, the ‘City of Sails’!