“Top Location and Views”
Review of Hilton Auckland

Hilton Auckland
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We decided on the spur of the moment to book in here for our wedding anniversary on the weekend.
The setting and location is absolutely excellent. The restaurant, Fish has one of the best views overlooking Auckland Harbour. We had an enjoyable breakfast here in gorgeous sunny weather.

This hotel however is starting to look a little tired and some parts ready for renovation. Our room had a connecting door to the next one. I would never stay in one of these rooms again. Our neighbours were very noisy, waking us after midnight when they arrived back from partying. They managed to keep up the noise for some time in spite of my requests to be a bit more considerate.
I was ready to ring reception when they finally quietened down so we could get some sleep.

The staff were professional and helpful. It is a pity however that you can't book direct with the hotel as you get put through to a call centre in the US where they do a lengthy marketing pitch for future business - much like being contacted and told you'd won a travel prize.

I would stay here again for the great location.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with a connecting door to the next one.
1  Thank Toddy04
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Toddy04

Thank you posting your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the hotel to celebrate your Anniversary. I am delighted that the team cared for you well and that you enjoyed a memorable breakfast experience at FISH, which is without a doubt one of the best waterfront locations in Auckland.

I do apologize for the noise disturbance you experienced via the inter-connecting guest room doors and we will most certainly take the opportunity to review any potential flaws with this structure.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on future stays.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The location of this hotel is amazing, basically you are on a pier and yes for 1 day I had my view blocked. However the day before the cruise ship was to arrive the Hotel had put a warning under my door to let me know. At check in they weren't sure.. I quality of the internet connection was poor and very pricey, in fact no matter what was done my companies VPN would not connect through it.. I ended up using the free wifi at the ferry terminal which I could connect to from my balcony.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear t6080n5

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland on your recent business trip. The hotel most certainly does feature a stunning harbour location situated at the end of Princes Wharf and I am delighted you enjoyed the sea views.

I do apologise in regards to the cruise ship moored beside the hotel during one day of your stay which blocked your view. We endeavour to inform our guests at the time of booking when there will be ships arriving into port. Regretfully, this is sometimes not possible dependent on the booking channel and guest details available at the time of reservation. Having noted your comments in regards to the poor quality Wi-Fi connection issues, I am sorry for the inconvenience. Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered in the public areas of the hotel.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back on future stays.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved the Hilton. Stayed there on a business trip. Location is great if you need to be central. Food at Fish restaurant is amazing - lots of options at breakfast. I also ordered Room Service, it came on time and the food was great. My room was quite spacious, stayted in a standard room towards the water end of the building, although I wasn't on the water side, I still had 3/4 of water views.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear imglutenfree

Thank you for choosing Hilton Auckland on your recent business trip and for posting your review onto TripAdvisor. I am pleased to note that you had a memorable experience at the hotel and enjoyed your dining experiences, along with the hotel’s stunning waterfront location.

We look forward to having you stay with us again, should future travels bring you back to Auckland.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

The room was really good. Great views and was very clean. The service was also very good upon arrival I was helped immediately and the check in process was reasonably quick. The check out time of 12pm is also very handy. Overall a great stay

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Logan S

Thank you for opting to post your review of Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor. As per my previous email correspondence acknowledging the hotel’s online survey you completed, it was our pleasure to extend the Hilton hospitality to you and to note that you thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

We hope to welcome you back on future travels.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Really good location at end of pier affording great views of the Harbour and views across the water.
Stayed beginning & end of our week long tour of North Island. First night found us in room 205 which has a fabulous large balcony spread over the end corner of the hotel. Requested the same room for our last two nights...light airy room with lots of glass and seating area with sofa and desk at one end, dressing area and really good bathroom. Bed really comfy and a treat to sit and watch the boats pass by outside the windows!
Nice welcome as Diamond HH from management with a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge!
Hotel very handy for the hop on hop off bus start point, Queens Street shops and a brisk walk to the Sky Tower. Avis car rental is also handy and there is valet parking at the hotel albeit a tad expensive at $35 per night.
Food was excellent....great spread for breakfast in the main restaurant, Fish, where we also had an excellent dinner.... Bellinis was good for bar snacks.
Friendly staff in all departments helped make our stay at the Auckland Hilton a memorable one for our first visit to New Zealand...

Dear ExpatKL88

Thank you for posting your review of Hilton Auckland on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you both felt pampered and relaxed in the hotel’s environment highlighting the memories of your first ever visit to New Zealand. The hotel most certainly does boast a stunning location within close proximity to many highlights of Auckland city.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should you return to the ‘City of Sails’.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was so surprised with this hotel! It was amazing! Its not only the views from the rooms of Auckland Harbour, but its so lovingly appointed with everything and more one could need!

Rooms are sizable, the bathrooms are the size of some rooms and clean! The in-room bar facility is also fantastic.

The location is also a dream come true. It sits right on Auckland Harbour and within walking distance of shopping precinct. I recommend a stay here.....extend your stop-over for a few days and just relax!

I wlil be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SharonJB
Roger-Brantsma, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear SharonJB

Thank you for sharing your generous feedback on TripAdvisor. The team and I are delighted you had a memorable experience at Hilton Auckland, enjoying the hotel’s stunning location and comfortable facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back on future stays.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great location with spectacular waterside views....really good service and the food excellent for veggies too....the staff are friendly and very helpful...if your quick you could meet Mr Australia who is filling in his time before returning to oz.....close to shops so ideal to do that last minute shopping...rooms are an excellent size and if you book into room 205 the balcony is enormous overlooking the waterside.....well worth a visit........

Room Tip: Rooms on the waterside...
1  Thank Kate S

Dear Kate S

Thank you for choosing Hilton Auckland and for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your time with us and were spoilt for choice in our restaurants.

The hotel certainly does boast an enviable location on Princes Wharf, showcasing magnificent views across Waitemata Harbour. It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on future stays.