Hilton Auckland
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$166
$162
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Auckland(Auckland Central)
$159
$139
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
$153
$136
  • Restaurant
Pullman Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$115
Sofitel
$145
$121
  • Restaurant
Quality Hotel Parnell(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$120
$104
Waldorf Stadium Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$122
$102
Agoda.com
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$128
$124
Agoda.com
2,545 results
All reviewscruise shipfish restaurantbellini barbow suitediamond memberharbor view roomnew zealandferry terminalmaritime museumwaiheke islandcorner roomrestaurants and barsfantastic locationbuffet breakfastlong flightvalet parkingsky tower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I have stayed at a lot of Hilton Hotels and I'm a Diamond level on their loyalty program. I have stayed here before and was upgraded to view the harbor on my previous stay. As others have reviewed this can be the wrong side of the hotel to stay with the arrival of a cruise ship in the early morning and harbour noise during the night. ( I guess what ever floats your boat).

This trip I received funky service when I arrived this trip , with the hotel informing me that my room was not ready and would take 15mins to be ready. Time on arrival was 3.30pm. I waited in the lobby, not feeling to comfortable having just flown in from Singapore overnight and needing to freshen up. I waited and waited with no acknowledgment by the staff. I was now at a point through tiredness of thinking of booking a room at the Sofitel as it was clear there was no interest from the staff to tell me if the room had been cleaned after waiting around for 1 hour. I checked again with the front desk and was informed yes we have your ready did no one inform you? Crazy.
This review is not a rant about the check in process only that the staff should be diligent to travelers who arrive from extended travel periods and are looking to rest up and enjoy Auckland. First impressions do count and on this experience I would never put this hotel as my first choice despit my customer loyalty to Hilton.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Itunesjamie
Reviewed November 17, 2011

It was a really nice memorable stay and great service.

• Stayed: November 2011
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Dear Sf903,

Thank you for posting your review of the hotel on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

We recently stayed in room 604, which is a bow suite, and thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience. Staff were all lovely, friendly and helpful. The room was superb, with a very comfortable bed & pillows (good pillow menu) and a wonderful feeling of space. Another big plus was the opening windows and sliding doors, this meant that we could enjoy the fresh sea air, instead of relying on airconditioning. My wife is a smoker, so it was nice to be able to sit out on the balcony with her while she enjoyed a durrie and a glass or three of wine; much more civilized than other hotels where smokers are banished to the street. The location is also a big plus if you want to get out on the harbour - the ferry terminal is right next door, as are the Viaduct & Westhaven Marinas. You also have some excellent local restaurants such as Cin Cin and Euro. The whitebait fritters at Euro are the best I've ever had. Be sure to visit the superb Auckland Museum at the Domain and allow at least a few hours to savour the treasures. The Maori and Pacific Island exhibitions are particularly good.

Room Tip: Don't worry if you can't justify the added expense of a bow suite, the common areas are great for enjoying the harbour and city views. Level 4 pool area has plenty of space to sit and relax, as do the restaurant areas on level 1.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark E,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel on tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay in one of the hotel's Bow Suites and had the time to relax and soak in the views over the Waitemata Harbour. I noted you enjoyed the Whitebait Fritters at Euro, try FISH at the Hilton on your next visit. Chef Shane Yardley does very good Whitebait too!

Thank you for staying at Hilton Auckland and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Hilton Auckland

Reviewed October 31, 2011

By far one of my favorite Hiltons. Our room had floor-to-ceiling windows on three walls, giving us an incredible wrap-around view of the Harbour, and a nice big balcony for sipping wine at sunset. Very romantic. A really memorable hotel.

Room was of a very good size, and spotlessly kept and maintained. The over-deep soaking tub was unexpected and much enjoyed. Staff were in general efficient and helpful.

The hotel's breakfast is a bit pricey but one of the nicer Hilton buffets, especially if you can get a good rate on a bed-and-breakfast package or free with your Hilton status. There is no executive lounge in this Hilton so Diamonds will get free buffet breakfast and Golds will if their room is upgraded.

Wifi is extremely expensive, as with most hotels in this part of the world, so if you have Hilton gold or higher, be grateful; otherwise, shop for a package that includes Internet access.

The surrounding neighborhood is a little industrial, including right up to the next door buildings, but there are some tasty restaurants mixed in, just don't be surprised when your taxi drops you off in front of what looks like a warehouse.

Tip: take a Supershuttle from the airport; I generally can't stand the shared ride services but the taxi fare from AKL to Auckland city center is about $80 NZD. Makes the supershuttle a ot more tolerable when it's saving you $50 or more.

Room Tip: Definitely worth paying for an upgraded/view room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcpatti
CPHIAKL, General Manager at Hilton Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Dear dcpatti,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of the Hilton Auckland on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate the opportunity to read your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Our location right on the waterfront provides for some fantastic views over the Auckland waterfront and I am glad to see that you had the opportunity to enjoy a glass of wine watching the sun set.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and I hope we may see you back on future travels.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

It costs more than 1000 NZD a night in one of their best rooms during the rugby world cup, room only (you heard it ; 1000 bucks over and wifi is extra, yes). From the distance, at the tip of PRINCES WHARF, the HILTON looks like a big boat pointing to ocean, and the BOW SUITES are the row of rooms at the front of the building. The view from the room over the Auckland bay is stunning. The Swimming pool is uncredible. Although the reception is surprisingly tiny and tucked in one corner of the foyer, the staff is very polite and helpful.

Like :
-Wake up with the view over the Auckland bay, right from our bed. The view the view the view. (Electric curtains please, no less)
-Very well appointed room with elegant scandinavian-like furniture
-Very comfortable bed
-Expresso machine in room ! For european travellers like us, this is gold !
-Stunning (heated) swimming pool, go and expose yourself !

Did not like :
-Bare service at premium price, but that’s HILTON, that’s the price for this privilege
-The bathroom is very simple, large but nothing to die for

Tips :
It costs around 80 by taxi from the airport

So the HILTON Auckland is a big, elegant and expensive thing and away from everything. Go there, fork out a big bag of money and enjoy. We did, but only afforded 2 nights, then we moved to the DE BRETT.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear BEEPfromPARIS,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Auckland and for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor. I appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that found the hotel's Bow Suite an unforgettable experience. The views over the Auckland Waterfront are truly unique and it was great to see that you have left with a lasting impression.

I hope we may have an opportunity to weclome you back on future travels to Auckland.

Yours sincerely,