“Comfortable, good service and great location”

Crowne Plaza Auckland
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Rooms were comfortable and quiet. Reception staff was friendly and very helpful. Wifi is free if you register in their rewards program but it takes a little while to get the system updated (I'm talking maybe an hour). Reception staff was helpful and friendly.
The hotel offers good value for money but the restaurant, although tasty, was extremely expensive. There are plenty of good options for dining walking distance from the hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear MJ P,

Thank you for your great 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a good stay with us and found our rooms quiet and comfortable. Thank you for your kind words regarding our friendly and helpful team. Congratulations on joining our IHG Rewards loyalty program. Look out for exclusive offers for IHG Rewards members- Its worth it!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - For couples, families and friends!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I choose Crowne Plaza every time I visit Auckland. It is a great location, very spacious and comfortable rooms, and the best bed I have ever slept in! Always a smooth and quick check in/out with helpful lovely staff. Added bonus if you can get breakfast included. Close to all shops and restaurants and the airport bus stops super close. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear TheGunthers,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm pleased to read that Crowne Plaza Auckland is your first choice hotel in Auckland. Thank you for your kind words regarding the lovely helpful team. I completely agree with your comments regarding our beds, they are really comfortable it is so good that I have bought one!
Guest service is our number one priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right! Thank you for recommending us!!

I look forward to welcome you soon.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Your favorite place in Auckland!!

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Comfortable room, nice and clean. Excellent location. We really enjoyed our stay there. Within walking distance to most places in town. Staff were very helpful. Would definitely stay again if we do come to Auckland. Car park handy too and not too expensive.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Bluegreenred,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 4 star review! I'm pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location perfect to suit your purpose of travel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our helpful team. I will for sure share your comments with the team - Its a real motivator!!
Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Lovely hotel in great location!!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The hotel is in a very central location.

It is clean, comfortable and more than adequate for your needs.

It is a little dated in parts as mentioned in other reviews, but this does not really impact your stay.

I ate breakfast in the restaurant which was good albeit a little expensive.

Staff were curious and helpful.

You have to pay for internet access after the first 30 minutes. I always find hotels with a charging internet policy a little annoying, especially since this one serms to have a lot of guests staying on business trips.

Not a stand out star hotel, but a good solid one with no complaints.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights to start off our NZ tour and this hotel was great! Our room was quiet, clean, and we could see the Sky Tower our of our window. We only ate breakfast in the lobby resteraunt but it was good. The bed was comfortable and lots of tv options as well. The only downside was that they charge for internet. For the price I feel it should have been included.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Lowcawki,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 4 star review. What better way than to start your NZ tour with us! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we love it when you have a great stay with us.
I'm thrilled to read you were able to relax in our quiet clean room on our comfortable beds. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team and breakfast. I will share your comments with the team - Its a real motivator!
Currently we offer complimentary internet to all our IHG rewards member worldwide - Easy to join and enjoy all the benefits which comes with it.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Worth It!!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Very clean and quiet hotel. We had a room overlooking the Domain and city but with little road noise. Centrally located and an easy walk to movies, theatre and restaurants; although the western side of the city is pretty quiet week nights.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you are driving you can park in the general parking area underneath then take a lift up to recept...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear miasma,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and you found our hotel perfect place to explore the city. I'm delighted to read that we are among the few hotels where everything is real!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where its all Real!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I'm in the hotel right now. Four of us in two adjacent rooms on the 22nd floor.

The rooms are exactly like the photo at the top of the reviews - big, well furnished and comfortable. The 2 queen size beds in each room are the best I've slept in (better than home), they seem to have a very soft mattress cover.

Room, bathroom and all public areas are well designed, well detailed and spotless. We face the front street and the view is of another hotel opposite - I guess rooms on the other side get a long distance view.

The hotel entrance is also the entrance to a small shopping mall - must explore that sometime.

Reception was very efficient and helpful, although, in error, they had reserved 4 rooms when we only reserved and had confirmed two. They were glad to have the 2 spare as they were fully booked and now had more available.

Breakfast is a three tier system:-
Highest price is for the full works including cooked food (a full english to us poms). This reduces to a 'deal' price of 25D if you ask for this for your full stay, but you'll be charged this even if you miss some breakfasts.
Next is the 'continental' buffet - very good.
Lowest is an 'express' breakfast which is coffee and toast.

All served in a well designed and detailed dining room, with pleasant, attentive but not overpowering staff. Look out for the honey on the buffet table!

The guests' laundry room on floor 17 is a bonus - help yourself to soap powder and machines need a 2 dollar coin to work washer and dryer.

We have inclusive wi fi (sometimes slow) because one of us was a past guest in another of the group's hotels. Actually we were all guests at that hotel, in Toronto, but this one settled the bill!

Great hotel, great location in a great city.

Stayed: February 2014

Dear nuf_said_11,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review!! I'm pleased to read you are having a fantastic stay with us. Great to hear that you found our bed better than home- Thats a huge compliment for us!

Thank you for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our rooms and our team were efficient and helpful to put your reservation right. I'm glad to read that you were informed regarding our breakfast choices and thank you explaining in detail which will be useful for other readers. My restaurant team will be delighted to read your comments- its a real motivator!

I'm glad you liked all our small touches we offer like the guest laundry on 17th floor, Gym on 12th floor and more…

I look forward to welcome you and your friends in the near future.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Great hotel, Great location in a Great city - by nuf_said_11