“Loving it.”

Crowne Plaza Auckland
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I'm in the hotel right now. Four of us in two adjacent rooms on the 22nd floor.

The rooms are exactly like the photo at the top of the reviews - big, well furnished and comfortable. The 2 queen size beds in each room are the best I've slept in (better than home), they seem to have a very soft mattress cover.

Room, bathroom and all public areas are well designed, well detailed and spotless. We face the front street and the view is of another hotel opposite - I guess rooms on the other side get a long distance view.

The hotel entrance is also the entrance to a small shopping mall - must explore that sometime.

Reception was very efficient and helpful, although, in error, they had reserved 4 rooms when we only reserved and had confirmed two. They were glad to have the 2 spare as they were fully booked and now had more available.

Breakfast is a three tier system:-
Highest price is for the full works including cooked food (a full english to us poms). This reduces to a 'deal' price of 25D if you ask for this for your full stay, but you'll be charged this even if you miss some breakfasts.
Next is the 'continental' buffet - very good.
Lowest is an 'express' breakfast which is coffee and toast.

All served in a well designed and detailed dining room, with pleasant, attentive but not overpowering staff. Look out for the honey on the buffet table!

The guests' laundry room on floor 17 is a bonus - help yourself to soap powder and machines need a 2 dollar coin to work washer and dryer.

We have inclusive wi fi (sometimes slow) because one of us was a past guest in another of the group's hotels. Actually we were all guests at that hotel, in Toronto, but this one settled the bill!

Great hotel, great location in a great city.

Stayed: February 2014
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear nuf_said_11,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review!! I'm pleased to read you are having a fantastic stay with us. Great to hear that you found our bed better than home- Thats a huge compliment for us!

Thank you for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of our rooms and our team were efficient and helpful to put your reservation right. I'm glad to read that you were informed regarding our breakfast choices and thank you explaining in detail which will be useful for other readers. My restaurant team will be delighted to read your comments- its a real motivator!

I'm glad you liked all our small touches we offer like the guest laundry on 17th floor, Gym on 12th floor and more…

I look forward to welcome you and your friends in the near future.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Great hotel, Great location in a Great city - by nuf_said_11
E-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The Crowne Plaza Auckland was a nice location to be at if you just wanted to walk around the city area. Sky Tower was a block away and we had a great view from our room. Located in the bottom floor was a food court where we ate at twice. The rooms were clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good place to stay.

Stayed: January 2014

Dear SCsketcher,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm pleased to read you had a great stay with as and you found our hotel to be base to explore the city. Thank you for your kind word regarding our friendly and helpful team. Next time around I highly recommend to try our Aria restaurant and I'm positive you will love it.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Location! Location!! Location!!!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I contacted the hotel prior to my arrival to ask for advice for transportation as this was my first trip to New Zealand and with arrival at 12:45 a.m. I didn't want to hire (rent) a car after the long flight from the states. The hotel staff quickly responded to my email and arranged a taxi to pick us up at the airport. The driver was waiting for us as at the airport at the Customs exit. The hotel room was spacious, affordable, and super clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the views weren't bad. We did have to wait to get on the elevator to get back to our room one night when a big tour group arrived, but luckily jumped the line to fit on one with the travel group. The on-site laundry, with complementary laundry detergent, was very convenient and easy to use and certainly beat trying to locate a laundromat. The location of the hotel is excellent as it is only a few blocks to the harbor and Viaduct. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Hbracker,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your 5 star review!! I'm thrilled to read you had an fantastic stay with us and found our hotel to be a good base to exploring the city and New Zealand. I'm really pleased to read you had a great arrival experience, Also you loved all our small touches we offer! Please accept my apologies for the small wait for elevators on one night during your stay.
Thank you for recommending us to be your first choice in Auckland!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - A very cosy corner between NZ and your heart!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Yes, there are newer, fancier, better located hotels in Auckland. But, for the price, you can't do better than this Crowne Plaza. The staff throughout were great -- friendly and helpful. We stayed in a club room, and the lounge and personnel manning it were superb. It did get a bit crowded some evenings, but the food, drink and service were great. It's a short walk to the Harbor and just about everything else, and the restaurant was quite nice and not too out of line with outside choices. Keep a eye on the rates, as they were significantly less by the time we actually visited. Again, for value, you'll have a hard time matching this facility.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SharkFlorida_USA
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear SharkFlorida_USA,

THANK YOU for your great four star review!! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us. I cannot agree with you more regarding your comment comparing facilities to value! Our best rates are always available on www.ihg.com.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our team especially our Club lounge superstars. Guest service is our number 1 priority so it is always a delight to read that we have got it right. Feel free to contact to let me know what we could do to move you to a 5 Star review on your next stay!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - For couples, families and friends!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Fantastic location in the centre of Auckland, spacious room and bathroom (shower separate to bath), very comfortable bed and spotlessly clean. Club lounge offered good variety of canapés in the evening, continental breakfast in the morning was basic but for 8.00 $ surcharge you can have the full buffet downstairs. All the staff were very professional and friendly. Definitely our first choice when coming to Auckland. There is no need to pay 80.00 NZ $ for a taxi into town. The return trip on the airport bus costs NZ $ 28.00. Get off the bus at stop 3 (approx. 35 min), turn to your left, walk down the next Arcade to your right and you see the Crowne Plaza sign already.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear goodfoodfanOZ,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us in our spacious and spotlessly clean Club room. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team, They will love your comment as it genuinely makes them happy when our guests have a fantastic stay with us.
I completely agree with your comments regarding airport transfer. You have got the information and direction to our hotel spot on!! THANK YOU!!!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Where it's all very Real!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Only downside was that we could only stay one night. All staff we had contact with were outstanding, especially wait staff in the dining room at both dinner and breakfast time. We were so grateful for being advised that a large tour group was due to dine and that while no pressure was put on us to order dinner , the suggestion of ordering before the group was much appreciated. Complimentary bottle of wine when producing tag from room a very nice touch.
The cleanliness of the room was amazing and all housekeeping staff should take a pat on the back.
We will be back on future trips to Auckland

Room Tip: We were very happy with king room on 18th floor, good outlook towards Sky Tower
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MACS77B
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear MACS77B,

A HUGE THANK YOU for your fantastic 5 star review! I'm delighted to read you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our outstanding team especially our House keeping team who do everything possible to make our guests happy! Thank you for mentioning all the small touches we do in our rooms.

I look forward to welcome you soon and the next time, I hope its for more than a day!

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Our fairy dust creates magic!!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

After the two leg journey from the UK, this was a great place to recover with the quality and comfort you expect from the Crowne Plaza chain. In hindsight we shouldn't have got off at the last stop on the airport shuttle route or taken a taxi because it was then a bit of a trek up the hill. The cityscape views from the room were no more than interesting, but the room, staff and breakfast were everything we could have wanted. One of the Reception staff went out of her way to solve a problem with our 'loyalty' membership card, and pushed a typed note with the solution under our door within about 30 minutes.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank crw197
NZIHG, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear crw197,

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for your 5 star review! I'm really pleased to read you had a relaxing stay with us. Sorry to hear about the transfer from airport to our hotel however, I'm delighted our team made you feel welcomed. Thank you for your kind words regarding our rooms, breakfast and most importantly our team! We always put our guest at the centre of everything we do! I'm glad we lived upto your expectation.

Operations Manager
Crowne Plaza Auckland - Keep Calm and Enjoy!