Crowne Plaza Auckland
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Econo Lodge City Central(Auckland Central)
Average 3/5
  • Restaurant
Elliott St Apartments Hotel(Auckland Central)
  • Room Service
SKYCITY Hotel(Auckland Central)
Rydges Auckland(Auckland Central)
CityLife Auckland(Auckland Central)
Great 4.5/5
View Hotel
Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel(Auckland Central)
Heritage Auckland(Auckland Central)
1,915 results
All reviewssky towerthe club loungeihg memberaria restaurantnew zealandcentral locationalbert streetbusiness hotelqueen streetgood sizefree wifishort walkcorner roomcomfortable roomsbuffet breakfastper daymini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed here as part of a group booking. We were well looked after during the booking process and helped in all aspects of our booking. Feedback from the group was positive, rooms were comfortable and the usual set up for this class of hotel and staff were professional and cheerful in their interaction with the guests. Would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
NZIHG, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Vidmar96

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Being part of a group booking, it is important for us to receive feedback, so thank you for choosing to leave your comments on trip advisor.

I am excited to hear that all aspects of your booking and stay were handled in a very positive and professional way. I love the comments about our cheerful interaction between staff and our guest.

Thank you for providing us with your feedback and we look forward to welcoming your group or yourself as an individual booking to Crowne Plaza Auckland.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here just overnight on our way home. We checked in very early (8am) and they have us our room straight away which was much appreciated.
The rooms are spacious with a view into the Grand Hotel opposite! We had 2 queen size beds which are quite soft but comfortable. The rooms are quite spartan but have everything you need.
The rate of $159 was excellent for the room and included a very good buffet breakfast with proper coffee ( a must after 2 weeks in the US!) friendly service and good choice.
I would stay here again given it's location and helpful staff. If you do stay here, go to The Depot just around the corner for dinner. The food is excellent and it has a great wine list by the glass to try a variety of NZ wines.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Caroline L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Cally87,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights and loved it! The Crowne Plaza is situated only 2 blocks from the min part of the CBD.

Once again I was looked after beautifully by the staff. They were all friendly call me by my name, I felt like I was at home with them. (I have never stayed there before)

The Hotel is beautifully presented, rooms and lovely and the staff are friendly.

I had a buffet breakfast each day (part of my package deal) and there was plenty to enjoy. They have a nice bar, restaurant and also offer a great room service menu too!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr Mark M,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our hotel and in-particular our staff making you feel at home. These comments make me proud especially knowing that our staff recognise you by name.

I am pleased that you had a successful stay in Auckland from our central location. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very happy with Crowne Plaza Auckland.

Quick summary:
- Express check in for IHG Platinum Ambassador members.

- Room was upgraded to the Club floor with club access. The room itself was spacious, very nicely appointed, very comfortable bed, spacious bathroom and separate bathtub and shower. A few people on tripadvisor have commented on the "dated" look of the rooms, but to be honest, it was totally fine for us. Hotel management made our stay extra special by doing little things such as placing welcome chocolates (Devonport Chocolates - very tasty!) in our room.

- Included breakfast each morning was also very good. Great value for included breakfast room rates. We could have also grabbed breakfast from the Club lounge, but went to the Aria Restaurant & Bar instead.

- Club access was pretty good, with a nice selection of drinks and canapés, a good way to unwind after a long day.

The only negative during our stay was the issue with the in-room cooling/air conditioner, but that was a minor issue and didn’t detract from the otherwise top-notch service we received.

Definitely recommend this place, we’ll we back!

Room Tip: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador members are recognised with a lot of benefits here. Room upgrade, Club access, complimentary news paper etc. Try get a room on the Club floor, level 28.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank intrepidkiwitraveler

Dear Intrepdtkiwitraveler,

As an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Ambassador member we appreciate your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you had a successful stay at Crowne Plaza Auckland. As part of our service we strive in providing the utmost service and experience for our valued members. We have escalated your cooling/air conditioner problem to our in-house maintenance department to evaluate solutions to avoid a similar experience.

I like to take this opportunity that to inform you about our newly created menu at Aria Restaurant with a great selection of foods.

Many thanks for taking your time in writing to us and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in due time.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Yet again another stay in Auckland and yet again I chose this hotel. It is quiet, rooms are nice size the only negative are the bathrooms, having a shower in a bath tub is a little old school. However, it tends to be reasonably priced

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I would like to firstly say thank you for choosing to stay with Crowne Plaza Auckland and for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback. We are thrilled that you had a restful stay in one of our quiet guestrooms. Your feedback is duly noted and will be discussed internally in our upcoming annual review of hotel facilities including our showers & bathrooms, to ensure we are providing the highest standards for our valued guest.

I look forward welcoming you again to our hotel.