“Very central”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
“Very central”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great breakfast, very nice bed, quiet room, no bathrobes, easy walk to waterfront cafes etc.
Didn't have time to use the club lounge but have used it before, it's very good. The underground car park is very accessible. Small gym but has the basics.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
NZIHG, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for leaving your feedback on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate all of the positive comments you provided, and are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay at Crowne Plaza Auckland. Please accept our apologies for not having bathrobes available for you. This was an oversight on our behalf and we will address it internally to make sure this does not occur again. We hope to welcome you back again soon so that you can enjoy the fabulous service and amenities of our club lounge.

Crowne Plaza Auckland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Overall my stay was good. The room is clean and spacious. The club lounge is good. I was disappointed with my room service order. The staff were friendly, although the concierge did not have current information about restaurants.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the street side. Dispute being on the top floor I was forced to wear ear plugs due t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NZIHG, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auckland, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for leaving your feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased that you had a successful stay at Crowne Plaza Auckland and our spacious rooms met your expectations. I am sorry that our room service did not meet your expectation and that you did not receive the expert advice that our dedicated concierge team are known for. I hope you did mention the specific room service issues during your stay so we can address them. I will also review the restaurant information available to the concierge team and update this as required.

Thank you again for leaving your review and I hope we can welcome you back the next time you travel to Auckland.

New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had a great stay here - as a female on my own I felt very safe. The rooms were quiet and had everything I needed. It was only a short walk away from everything Central Auckland had to offer and the breakfast in the morning was exceptional - just as good as a top hotel I stayed in in Munich. I would certainly return

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for leaving your feedback on Trip Advisor on your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Auckland. I am delighted that you are happy with your stay and the convenient location and exceptional breakfast at Aria Restaurant.

As a frequent traveller I do hope you have joined our free Priority Club Rewards program and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Good central location. Reception staff were friendly and efficient. Room was comfortable, with everything you would expect. Had to request bathrobes as although states that they are provided, none were in the room. Housekeeping were very slow in answering the phone when we wanted Room service, but food was excellent when it arrived. We would stay again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased that you had a successful stay and would choose to stay with us again. I will forward your compliments on to the restaurant team who I am sure will appreciate your positive feedback.

I am disappointed to hear that you were not provided with bathrobes and with the response from our housekeeping team. This is certainly not up to our usual standards and I will address our processes with our housekeeping team to make sure this does not occur again going forward.

Did you know that we guarantee the best room rate when you book with us direct using our website crowneplaza.com? Something you may consider the next time you book with us.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Sonia. The smile was genuine and the friendliness and professionalism outstanding. But, what was even better - Sonia remembered our names. Which was exceptional, especially as it has been a few months since we last stayed. A greeting such as the one we received made a great start to a very enjoyable stay. We had access to the Club Lounge, which is always lovely - attentive staff, but not intrusive. Our room was spacious, as was the rather lovely bathroom - with a separate bath. Everything was exceptionally clean and tidy. The evening turn down service, with bottled water and chocolates - is a very nice touch.

All in all, our stay could not be faulted. However, the real standout was Sonia- who made us feel so very welcome, right from the start. Sonia is a real credit to Crowne Plaza. Thank you Sonia :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Auckland. I am thrilled that you received such friendly and attentive service during your stay from Sonia and our dedicated team. Thank you very much for taking the time to write these positive comments, they are great to share with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back and if you haven’t already, please sign up for Priority Club Rewards, it’s free to join and you can earn points or miles towards great rewards.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

The room on level 24 was large and light with contemporary decor. Annoyingly the Wi-Fi wasn't working when I arrived (which was at 1am, to be fair) and there was an uncollected feedback form on the desk with less than complimentary comments in it. The Wi-Fi was back on by morning and worked well for the week I was at the hotel. Unlike my predecessors in the room, I had no problems with room service.

Pluses:
Large, light room
Full sized desk
Four power points next to desk
Biscuits as well as tea and coffee
Good amount of hanging space in wardrobe for longer items
Light in wardrobe
Wi-Fi in room
Central location

Minuses:
Shower over bath
Some rooms overlook Sky City Grand
Only one comfy chair in a twin room
Some noise from next room's TV and corridor
Bed a little on the soft side
Only English breakfast and green tea
No coffee table

I had stayed in the Sky City Grand in a room overlooking the Crowne Plaza, which is why I chose the Crowne Plaza. Of the two, I preferred the Sky City Grand, mainly because the rooms have a really comfy sofa, a coffee table and a slightly more comfortable bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Theo C
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Fantastic experience
Staff are great beds are great ,food is yummy
The hotel is reasonably priced
Central location
Very clean and everyone is very helpfull
Will Def recommend to friends and Family ,all ready booked for next year woohoo

Room Tip: Ask for harbour views rooms ending in. "1"
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo