“Disappointed”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Orewa, New Zealand
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Met a friend for lunch today. We chose the $10 special option, I had cajun chicken salad, my friend had the moroccan lamb salad. As always, the waiter was good, and the food was its usual high standard. BUT, we were very disappointed in the way we were treated. While waiting for our hot chocolates, a waiter came and started rearranging the chairs at our table, and put a reserved sign on our table. We asked, oh, how long have we got before you need our table? To which the reply was, oh, not till 7pm, I am setting up for our quiz night tonight. This was 1.30pm! Now, I understand the tables need to be set up, but surely it could have waited till we left. We found it very rude, and we are very disappointed.

• Visited August 2014

New Zealand
“A Favourite”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

This is one of my favs, love the stone grill, service is normally good. Wish we could go more often, make sure you book from thurs to sun, worth the wait.

Visited July 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Just Average!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We made a late reservation for dinner on a Wednesday (which unfortunately it was their trivia night), that is why we have to hurry up and finished our meals. Our server was very friendly. I requested her to change the TV channel because I didnt want to watch the Wrestling while we were having dinner. She happily obliged my request. My friends ordered stone grill menus and I ordered the Ozzo Buco. It was quite good but the portions are too small. We were a bit disappointed with the price that we paid for such a meal. Overall: Just average!

• Visited June 2014
Waitakere City, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mothers Day lunch”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My kids took me to lunch for Mothers Day and it was perfect from start to finish. The staff were attentive and prompt with our meals. The seafood chowder was to die for and the pasta was also awsum as was the stone grill. The entertainment was average but was nice to be sitting outside on a summers day with music in the background. Prices were reasonable and I would definitely come here again.

• Visited May 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
“Black Salt”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Went there first time for a family members birthday. Atmosphere was great, friendly staff and lovely food. Shared the mussel pot and there was heaps for two people, loved it. There was live entertainment as well and the music was great. Would go there again.

• Visited January 2014