“Don't be put off”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was our second visit to Masala ex Barracuda. Meal was very good first time . Second time not as good our entree of the onion dish not hot and cooked through in fact the whole meal was not as I had recommended to the friends we took as we raved how good it was to them .Staff did not really know the menu so went to get help tp explain it to us I think we then got the owners wife who was very good. However we were sitting in the outside area where only plastic curtain blinds even though heaters on the walls the table sitting under the heaters were too close and asked for them tone turned off as they were too hot so not a comprise .this would be the perfect setting on a warm summer night however not put off we would go again in the summer .Resturant has been very-well fitted out and very nice decor And staff very smartly dressed prices very good and BYO.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Having had some memorable meals at Barracuda on previous visits to Bucklands Beach, I was disappointed to see that it was now an Indian restaurant. But I needn't have been. The view is the same, the service was just as good and though the cuisine was different, it was excellent.
I thoroughly recommend Masala to lovers of indian food.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Ate here whilst staying at the Bucklands Beach motel and were not disappointed. Staff very friendly & efficient, food excellent & plentiful. Would definitely come again.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Five friends enjoying a lunch in the seaside restaurant sounds good? It was until the coffee came along. Bad , very tasteless poorly made beverage. The wait person was informed and more coffee was offered. Declined so we made our way to payment desk. Nothing was said about how our experience was so I asked if feedback had in fact been 'fed back' to the manager. "Yes" she said. "You declined the offer of another coffee" As two of the five were involved in a cafe, myself the owner and my barista, we thought it may be helpful to suggest what the cause could be. Manageress said she knew what the problem was as the waitress had said "can I make their coffee" and manageress told her yes she could as she was just learning. This was a bad thing to say as far as we were concerned as we felt $12.00 for 3 cups of something we could not drink, made by an inexperienced person, and the feedback being handled in such an unprofessional way was indeed a bad ending. The Manageress did not wait for any more comments, she simply answered a ringing telephone and had a conversation in front of us whilst we completed our payment. Never rely on booking over the interent as they do not check it. We phoned to confirm as we had anot had a confirmation email and loand behold there was no booking for us.