“I will not consider going back there for a long time”

La Vista Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 2,355 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Two people ordered the same food; one came with Parmesan cheese and the other with cream!
The chicken dish was so not fresh as the chicken was dry and smelly.
They tried to kill the smell with extra cheese but it certainly did not work.
entree bread was just disgusting .
The place was dead, waiter was out of the mood and I feel sorry for the birthday guy to have such an unpleasant birthday experience.

1  Thank Sepi I

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We went for a Sunday lunch party as a group of 6 people. The restaurant is close to the beach but at the side of the main road. There is a pleasant view over Rangitoto island. We got good service and all the food was good. The menu is sort of Spanish and the tapas platter for two was good and the Terakihi fish was goodvand niceky cooked with risotto. Prices were about average for Auckland.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Having been a frequent diner at this Restaurant for over 7 years I thought it was about time to sing it's praises in Tripadvisor. La Vista has blossomed over these years into the wonderful experience it is today with the décor changing and the menu evolving to meet with the latest trend of Tapas while retaining a lot of the old favourites including the best Platter in Auckland which my Husband and I have shared with a bottle or 2 of wine so many times I couldn't count. The staff have always been and continue to be fantastic in every way. The food always pleases and there is a great selection of wines at very good prices, the new thing being wine on tap which is excellent both in taste and price. I know we will continue to be regular customers and recommend La Vista to all, you won't regret it.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a nice restaurant for a drink and dinner. We had a few starters and a lovely bottle of wite from their extensive wine list. I have been going to St. Heliers for 12 years and have never noticed this little gem of a place. Great atmosphere, service and food. The sign is quite small so easy to miss. I highly recommend.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Looking for some lunch in St Heliers today we decided to come to this cafe/Restauraunt. Walking in we were greeted and sent to a table. The atmosphere was amazing but we were left for at least 20 mins without even a motion of acnolgment. Just as we were concidering walking out as we hadn't even been able to even place a coffee order, someone came over and took our order. After a not overly long wait our food arrived. The serving size was a average and was a bit over seasoned.
Overall, I would not come here again.

1  Thank asbcso2017