“The best of the best and hard to match.”

Antoine's Restaurant
Ranked #356 of 2,439 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2017

I took two friends to Antoine's this past weekend for a joint celebration. The style of food and style of dining they offer I enjoy immensely however I was slightly hesitant that my friends, who also enjoy very good food, as first timers, may not find it to their tastes. The world has become awash with foam and liquid nitrogen swilling offerings, over-done degustation and the dreaded fusion in noisy establishments, so the new world order of fine dining has become terribly unordered. My food, souffle, oxtail, licorice ice cream, was exceptional, as was the choices of my friends (the Tripe, also exceptional) nothing could be faulted. They had run out that evening of a somewhat hard to get Hawke's Bay wine so I went for the next best by the same winery - an excellent suggestion. The wait staff were affable and extremely attentive but not overly familiar, which is particularly refreshing given the current 'it' restaurants have staff who are keen to provide their life story. The music was fine (we enjoyed all of the music) but at the right level so we could chat. The restaurant has a lovely intimacy and affords a level of privacy only matched by your own home. The food was outstanding, the wine; brilliant and the service fantastic. The evening was rounded off nicely by an Antoine's Liqueur Coffee and a visit and congratulatory wish from Tony. This is why it is the best of the best.

Reviewed March 24, 2017

We had guests from Dubai and Ukraine (two of whom were re-visiting after about 10 years) and, with the Antoines team, provided a bit of guidance for them, especially across the nostalgia menu. We enjoyed a wide selection with a bit of swapping and sharing. Superb. An the cellar delivered a perfect match for every choice.

Reviewed January 20, 2017 via mobile

The food was nice, the maître d good but it's not quaint or cute that prices listed excluding GST ( it's been around for a long time) and in 2017 our credit card was done on a manual zip zap and the waiter had to call the bank for approval ! Honestly it's unsecure and ridiculous get into the modern world

Reviewed December 25, 2016 via mobile

I visited with a relative who was one of the very first customers at Antoines. And Tony remembered her. the service and food got he wow factor from us. very quaint little resturaunt. Service and nene choices were amazing. yes it was a bit pricy but it was a special occasion. only issue I found was there was too much food on the plates. I needed smaller portions. a very enjoyable experience. and yes I would return.

Reviewed November 18, 2016

This is a very traditional fine dining restaurant. It is a wonderful place to go for a really memorable special meal.

All of the food was truly fantastic and the service was impeccable. The portions were also larger than expected. I would absolutely go back.