“Waterfront delight”

Ranked #71 of 2,359 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been here twice in 2 weeks and both times the food and service were great.
The entrees and salads are delicious and the mains are on the large size so beware !!
All the meals at our table were fresh and delicious - not one complaint from anyone here
To be able to sit in the sunshine and watch the harbour is also a pleasant part of the experience you can have at this good pub restaurant

1  Thank Sandra C
There are newer reviews for Jack Tar

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A great place for a friend's treat. Servings were huge that we didn't get to finish. Food was sumptuous and we enjoyed the location as it was sunset time and by the harbour.

Tip: order to share.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I had an excellent night overhere! The service isn't so good but hey you can nowhere find a service as in Europe. The food was fantastic! I had the fish of the day, kingfish, which was really worth its money! My friend had the penne vegetables and prawns which was simple but outstanding with a lot of vegetables! I shouldn't recommend the bread with dips as an appetizer however the red dip was new and surprising (beetroot). The ribs looked jammie! Take a dessert! We had the apple crumble with super homemade(?) raspberry icecream and the chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream! The only inconvenient was the cup of tea that wasn't clean, still some lips of the woman before on. But however: go to this place, the food is jummie

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was a little apprehensive about going here for lunch, as I'd read a few bad reviews.
However, the experience was the opposite of what some of the poor reviews had led me to believe.
Our table was waited by an incredibly polite and friendly girl (with red hair). At least one of our group deserved to be stabbed with a fork for her rudeness, but the waitress didn't show any sign of unprofessionalism at all.

Food is well priced, arrived far quicker than I would have expected, given the time of day, and tasted nice.

A far more pleasant experience than I was expecting.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were taking our customers out to dinner and this was their choice for the evening. It was in a newer part of the harbour with lots of cool new places to eat and this seemed to fit in with everything in the area. In that same vein, there isn't anything particularly distinguishing about this place over the other restaurants in the area serving the same kind of fare, but I can still recommend this place.
It was the usual pub restaurant fare with burgers, steak and other meat dishes, pizza, etc. and desserts. The menu has enough variety that almost anyone could find something they would like to eat. Decent value for money. Very generous portions so come hungry! Everyone was happy with their meal and drinks and we all had a pleasant dinner.