“Big Foody Tours-The Way to Discover The Foodie Spots of Auckland”

The Big Foody Food Tours
Auckland Insider Tour: Food Tour with Local Expert
Ranked #4 of 32 Food & Drink in Auckland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Auckland's number one food tour experience. A fun and flavour filled insight into the excellent cuisine, markets, restaurants and producers Auckland has to offer. The Big Foody Food Tours have an excellent choice of tours to give you the ultimate taste of the city and a delicious introduction to Auckland and the regions. Book through our website and receive a bottle of local wine or box of chocolates! Make sure you book a Big Foody Tour at the beginning of your stay in NZ so you are geared up with the best places to eat and drink around the country! All our tours are small and intimate groups tailored to make sure you walk away having had a memorable time. We pick up from all hotels in the CBD for our driven tours All tour guests a New Zealand SIM Card. Book through our website and receive a bottle of local wine or box of chocolates!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Big Foody Tours-The Way to Discover The Foodie Spots of Auckland”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I am from Auckland and consider myself a bit of a foodie.Elle showed me places I would never have found. Elle is a great guide and has an indeepth knowledge of the best places to source product and to eat no matter what your budget. I work in inbound tourism and will be telling people about Big Foodie Tours. One of the great things about these tours is that you can do it as an individual or a group. Elle is totally flexable and can also arrnage pick ups from airport hotels. Thats a plus for those staying out there. I am keen to try Elle's fish market and auction tour next. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2012
TheBigFoody, Owner at The Big Foody Food Tours, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Hi Julie, Thank you for your review!! It was a great day having you all on the tour and showing you all the tucked away places in town! See you on the tour again soon we hope!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Absolutely the best way to appreciate Auckland's foody goodness”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

When I visited Auckland I was impressed by the food culture – so figured that the best way to fully embrace it was to join a food tour. Unfortunately, the day I had free was booked out for tours “we’re all busy at the food show in town – so why don’t we bring you over to do a mini tour here?”

I jumped at the chance. The food show was amazing, overwhelming and filled to the rafters with tasty things to eat and drink. Elle has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the local food scene, so guided me around to the best bits, introducing me to many of the vendors on the food tour and many more. She’s great fun, totally passionate about the food and that enthusiasm can’t help but rub off on everyone who joins a tour. She just wants people to appreciate all the foody goodness of the region – and so left me with a great list of places to go, things to eat for the remainder of my stay.

Visited July 2012
Thank you so much for your awesome review! Loved meeting you and hope we see you again :) Elle
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a perfect way to spend the day!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have to say this was by far the best Food tour I have done - simply brilliant, and Elle was incredibly informative at every stage of the tour. Great way to see Auckland - and discover the hidden coves that one may not necessarily get to encounter whilst in the city. (been here 6 years and did not even know of some of the places we visited).

Perfect day, and a perfect way to spend it, especially as a family 'reunion' with long term friends parents over.

100% recommended!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Paul P
Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Elle's awesome adventures”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Elle's Big Foody Tour was a great day out.
Full of passion and love for food and wine - Elle took us to some of the best places in Auckland. It was the best tour we did in Auckland and it's a shame we didn't do it on the first day we were there. We thoroughly recommend this tour.

Visited June 2012
TheBigFoody, Owner at The Big Foody Food Tours, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thanks Guys!!!! Loved meeting you and really glad you enjoyed the tour as much as I did!!!!
London, United Kingdom
“fresh and juicy”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Elle's Big Foody Tour took us to places we had never been and good tastes we had never experienced as well as old favourites. We very much enjoyed the tour & forgot the awful weather.We were educated gently and informed.This was my 5th trip to Auckland and until the BFTour, I thought I knew my way around. I believe this tour would be of interest to locals and visitors alike. I cannot recommend it enough. Try it!
Susan Robinson, London