“Don't think it can get any better than this! :-)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tru North Tours

Tru North Tours
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Auckland
Tru North Tours
Ranked #20 of 54 Auckland B&B and Inns
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Don't think it can get any better than this! :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed with Ron and Avril for 3 nights in Feb. 2014. I needed to be in Auckland for my study and they have made it as easy as possible for me! Ron and Avril are loving people. I enjoyed some great discussions during the fabulous dinners that Avril cooked.

Their home is very clean and well maintained and in a nice neighbourhood.

I would definitely recommend this accommodation to anyone who needs a place to stay in Auckland! In fact, next time I need a place in Auckland, i hope that they will have a room available for me, wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 488Suzanne1983
TruNorthTours_13, Owner at Tru North Tours, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
It was great meeting you and spending time with you. All the best for the studies this year, and looking forward to seeing you next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay. Avril and Ron made us feel welcome and very much at home. We even met their grandchildren. The rooms here are very pleasant and the beds comfortable. Would definitely recommend Tru North to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TruNorthTours_13, Owner at Tru North Tours, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us, it was great to meet you and we really enjoyed having your company and learning about your travels and home life. Pity the time was so short , hope we can catch up again when you're next in the region!
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed with Ron & Avril on 2 & 3 April 2013. They were delightful and helpful hosts. Their place is very clean and well maintained. Whilst it's not exactly in the city, if you are driving, it is only a 20 minutes drive from city centre.

Also, they provide dinner at a reasonable cost and it tastes way better than those you have in the restaurant. I would strongly recommend this.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TruNorthTours_13, Owner at Tru North Tours, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We enjoyed having your company, hope that you enjoyed the rest of your visit to New Zealand.
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I travel a lot and stay in many nice places but this place is definatly my favourite!
Words cannot describe my stay at Ron and Avril's Home, It was simply like I was at home there. Everything they did was just so thoughtful. They really went above and beyond good accommodation, every detail was taken care of and nothing was a problem
Avril went out of her way to make me fell at home and make sure I had all I needed, especially to eat! Absolutely Loved my stay here, I feel like I have a new family! I miss you guys!
Ill defiantly be staying here every time I come up!

Room Tip: Every Room is amazing!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TruNorthTours_13, Owner at Tru North Tours, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thanks so much. It was great to meet you and find out about your studies and plans. Looking forward to seeing you again when you're next in Auckland.
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is my first NZ visit and my friend booked the room for me. It was really beyond my expectation. I had a friendly welcome and this was my first long stay away from home. I went there to stay for 3 months and ended up staying there for 6 months!! Avril and Ron makes you feel home. I got a new family in Auckland now. After a tiresome work, the clean and tidy room welcomes you warmly with Avril's delicious dinner. I had a wonderful time while staying there.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone. Give a try and you will never regret.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TruNorthTours_13, Owner at Tru North Tours, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Missing you already and all the chats about home life. Hope that you're enjoying a good rest and that we may see you back soon in Aotearoa.
Palmerston North, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Clean, tidy, and comfortable house with wonderful hosts Ron and Avril.
I will definitely return to Tru North if I travel up north in future.
Perfect short term accommodation for Massey students attending block/contact course in Massey Albany campus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TruNorthTours, Owner at Tru North Tours, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback. Looking forward to catching up with you again the next time you're in Auckland.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I found this B&B in internet and went there to stay for a month or so . But I ended up staying there for a year ! .. When I reached the Albany bus station I met this person who was waiting for me to arrive (surprise!! ) and since then nothing ever changed in my one year long stay!. Avril and Ron makes you feel home and you really feel like being with your own family. The house is so perfectly clean and the food is simple awesome (even though I am veggie she took the extra effort to cook special veggie dishes for me ). Apart from the usual B&B inclusions Ron & Avril takes the extra mile to make your stay comfortable...
May be the most luxurious life I've ever had where everything was so well taken care of !
I just wish it would've been so good if I could find another Ron & Avril everyplace I visit ! :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much for you feedback, and it was great to have you with us for an extended stay. Fun Friday nights and "small Friday's" ! All the best now that you're settling in back home and keep in touch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auckland
Albany Oak Motel
#2 of 7 in Takapuna
Quest Albany
Quest Albany
#1 of 1 in Albany

Been to Tru North Tours? Share your experiences!