3,487 results
All reviews lava restaurant marina view room luxury room viaduct harbour beautiful hotel floor to ceiling windows rain shower turn down service nespresso machine wynyard quarter junior suite new zealand restaurants and bars comfortable bed room was large ferry terminal valet parking
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I do not understand how this chain stays in business. The absolute worst ever single time. Very soft beds. A thousand dollars gets you a wall view.the hotel is away from the water. Located in a slip area. No views offered. Our tv would not work. After 30 minutes of trying we finally called down. Last thing we want is a hotel employee in our room at 10 pm. She was unable to help. Told us we would need to get out of the bed if we wanted to change channels. Seriously? They offered to try and get another remote but that would take time. Why she would not come with a new remote already is beyond me. Our favorite thing about hotels is watching tv in bed. There is a building under construction next door so noise is absolutely an issue. The whole French thing is hilarious. Does not really work in New Zealand. When checking in I asked for the wifi code. The snoty check in guy kept saying "banjar" after several attempts he grabbed my phone and typed in " bonjour" and said "it's a french word" haha we died. This morning I received an email saying items were missing form the mini bar. We took nothing. Just ridiculous. They need to visit a Four Seasons or a Ritz to learn about service park Hyatt is better located. Stay here if you have more money than brains.

Trip type: Traveled with family
SofitelAuckland, Guest Relations Manager at Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Bonjour Rwatson1000,

I am truly so sorry to hear of the several shortcomings during your stay with us. This is certainly not the service that we pride ourselves with and I will be in contact with you shortly to further discuss about the service issues mentioned.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future so I can personally ensure you have a Magnifique stay with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

In the past I have stayed at Sofitel and loved it. This one not so much. The room is beautifully decorated but that’s where it ends. The room is small and poorly laid out. There isn’t any room to unpack, there is a small sofa but it is very awkward to sit on and oddly positioned in the room. No closet space or dresser, they jammed a desk in the corner but if you have any suitcases at all you will need to move everything just to get to the desk. The bathroom is large and has a beautiful shower but for some reason they decided to install a huge soaking tub while leaving very little counter space and only one sink. There is nowhere to lay out toiletries except for a narrow counter that runs back behind the tub. The “view” is of a harbor with a few boats. Service has been ok but not stand out.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Bonjour BKGTrips,

Thank you for sharing your invaluable feedback on your recent stay at Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour. I am truly sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your Sofitel experience as you have in the past. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your feedback and also to get more information regarding the service issues mentioned. Would you kindly provide me a direct contact detail where I can personally get in touch with you. Alternatively, please feel free to contact me on H8577-GR@sofitel.com

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Day 1 no hot water, nil. Rancid smell in bathroom- reported
Day 2 little hot water, rancid smell in bathroom- reported again. Asked for spray for us to use to remove smell, never delivered.
Day 3 Rancid smell still not resolved, reported again. Again asked for sprayer. Never delivered. Ordered room service, not delivered.
Day 4 Rancid smell in bathroom.!!!!! Not resolved, then to be informed by Adrienne, manager was our gym clothes! Sofitel....poor service, unhealthy rooms.
Not 5 star worthy

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Bonjour Sam E,

Thank you for sharing your invaluable feedback on your recent stay at Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour. I truly am sorry to hear that you have experienced several issues throughout your stay and that we did not resolve these issues in a timely manner. It is definitely not the service that we pride ourselves with and it saddens me to hear that we have not provided you with your basic requirement as our valued guest. I will be in contact with you directly to discuss your feedback further.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back so I can personally take care of you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Luxurious feel, next to yatch and F&B area. Comfortable bed. Love the breakfast egg benedicts! Fitness buff will love the gym, or simply run along the waterfront towards Auckland Harbour Bridge. Walking distance to nearby malls and parks.

Room tip: Get harbour view room
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Bonjour Andy L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a wonderful review following your stay at Sofitel Auckland. We always value feedback and love to hear about our guests' experiences. I am glad you enjoyed our comfortable room, hotel location and delicious breakfast in Lava Dining!

Thank you once again for sharing your lovely feedback and I hope to have the opportunity to provide another Magnifique stay in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel itself was amazing, but for the price it should be! We stayed for my dad's birthday and were on the 6th floor overlooking the harbour. We had arranged to check in at 2pm however when we arrived we had to wait until after 3pm which was a tad annoying. We were offered free drinks vouchers for any 2 drinks we wanted at the bar and that was an issue as the bar maid told us we had to pick from the house drinks and it was only one per room. The manager sorted it out for us though so not too bad. The gym was small but nice and clean. The pool was closed when we went but the sauna and steam room were nice. Overall the hotel was fab and despite the issue with checking in we would stay again.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Bonjour 576tashap,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear of the shortcoming during your check in with us. I am glad you were still able to enjoy your stay and celebrate your dads birthday after this and will consider returning to Sofitel Auckland. Please feel free to contact me directly on H8577-gr@sofitel.com for any future stays so I can personally ensure you have a wonderful and memorable time with us!

Thank you once again for sharing your invaluable feedback and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.