“Must do!!”

Auckland Sea Kayaks
More attraction details
Owner description: Auckland is one of the world’s most unique sea kayaking locations. It is a region of exceptional natural beauty, volcanic islands, sandy beaches and is abundant with wildlife. The sheltered waters of the Waitemata Harbour make it a sea kayaker’s paradise waiting to be discovered.
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Must do!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went on the half day tour to Browns Island today with Logan. The weather was a bit iffy but the tour was fantastic!!!! The tea/coffee and muffins were a nice touch and needed after the trip out! Highly recommend these guys - definitely worth the money!

Morgan Hill, California
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Nice Night Kayak Tour”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We did the night kayak tour December 1. Logan was our guide. There was just a total of 4 of us, including Logan. They provide all the gear. In addition, once we got to the island Logan provided us with a snack and after we returned from the top Logan had a cooked dinner waiting for us.

To be honest, we were a bit disappointed with the tour. To us it was too fast and too much work. We have a lot of kayaking experience so that was not the issue. However, it seemed that the journey to the island was too fast, then we hiked to the top of the mountain, then after dinner we took a fast paddle back to shore in the dark. Didn't really get to enjoy the paddle either way to be honest-it just seemed like work. The hike up the mountain was nice but tough on my wife as she has a knee problem. But she was a trooper and made it up! The sunset was definitely spectacular and we certainly enjoyed it.

Part of the issue may have been us. I didn't look closely enough to notice how late the tour went and the hiking part. (We didn't get back until almost 11:30pm.) That part is on me-I think the website had that info. Part of it may have been Logan as he has only been with the company for two weeks. He was a nice guy so we didn't have any problems with him as a person. My wife and I have done a lot of adventuring on this trip-sky diving, rafting on the Whateroa and Shotover Rivers, ATV tours, Zip lining, kayak trips so we are not looking for a soft easy excursion. For whatever reason this one didn't work all that well for us.

Visited December 2013
kiwiaround, Owner at Auckland Sea Kayaks, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hi Brian,
Thank you for your review in regards to your recent Sunset Sea Kayak tour to Rangitoto.
At Auckland Sea Kayaks we always strive to run tours that cater uniquely for each of our clients, but it seems this time we may not have got it quite right for you.
I do agree that your tour did get back late as our normal finishing time is around 10.00 pm. We try stick within the time frames as outlined on our website, but some variables, like the weather, make it hard to predict precisely.
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback though. Auckland Sea Kayaks is always keen to improve the experience for our customers and your feedback helps us do just that.
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Inspiring kayaking trip on the Waitemata Harbour”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I heartily recommend the half-day kayaking trip to Motukorea whether you are new to kayaking or not, and whether you are just visiting Auckland or live here. I'm a local and enjoyed getting to know more about the gems that are on our doorstep. The overseas visitors on our trip also loved it. Everything about this trip was perfect - the length, the location, well-equipped and stable kayaks and the superb organisation. Nic is an impressive guide - fun and knowledgeable and we felt safe at all times.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable and unique. A "must-do"in Auckland”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I did two trips in two days: the sunset tour in rangitoto as well as the 1/2 day tour in motukorea. I was extremely sore but I wouldn't change a thing. Nic is one of the most organized, knowledgeable and pleasant guides I've ever met. The islands were empty except for our group. It was really enjoyable. I would do this again on a heart beat. Definitely worth it!

Visited November 2013
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Awesome sunset/night trip”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Me and my girlfriend joined Auckland Sea Kayaks for their sunset/night kayaking. The weather was perfect and the trip from Saint Heliers Bay to the massive volcano, Rangitoto, took around one hour. When we arrived Rangitoto our guide, Nic Mead, walked us through lava caves and up to the volcano summit where we watched an unbelievable sunset over Auckland City. On the way up Nic told stories about Rangitoto, about Auckland and some Maori culture. Later on we walked down to the Kayaks whereby Nic cooked a nice meal before we started paddling towards the city. It is hard to describe the feeling you have when you are sitting in a Kayak in the dark and under the stars paddling towards the lights from the city.

This was a great experience that we'll never forget, and we can highly recommend this to others.

Visited November 2013