“Amazing hidden gem!”

Ima Cuisine
Ranked #92 of 2,327 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Middle Eastern inspired breakfast, lunch and a family-style sharing dinner. Cooking has always been the focus of my life, I've been a cook since my early teens. However when I left Israel to study in the UK, it really dawned on me just how important good food is - how great food can lift your spirit and make you happy, and bad food can bring you down. I came to NZ from Israel in late 1997 with two little girls and pregnant with the third. The food I love was very hard to find and I missed it terribly, and so I opened the Lunch Box. Ima is my second venture in Auckland. Ima (pronounced EE-Mah) means mother in Hebrew. My food is simple, honest, healthy and nurturing, like mum's food (providing she is a great cook). At Ima the atmosphere is warm and casual. At Ima the atmosphere is warm and casual, we hope our guests feel immediately comfortable and at home. We invite you to enjoy our food - made with love and the finest ingredients - we know it will make you happy! - Yael Shochat, Owner
Auckland
“Amazing hidden gem!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

What a treat! There is a reason why Gordan Ramsey raved about this restaurant when he was last in NZ! Serving home-style Isralei/middle eastern food, the flavours and textures were devine! We had their new menu, where you choose the meat you want and they provide the table with a platter of gorgeous salads and rice/lentil dishes. We choose the roast chicken and the halloumi as our "mains", both of which were gorgoeus. The service was also relaxed but very attentive. Overall this is restaurant is an absolute must!

• Visited March 2013

“Great food in a very nice atmosphere”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived half an hour before opening hours but were let in anyway, so that we could enjoy a drink and have a look at the menu. The chef started early in order to accomodate us. The service was excellent and very friendly, but most of all the food was really delicious. One of the best Middle Eastern restaurants I know.

• Visited February 2013
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Auckland's Little Gem”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away in Auckland's CBD Imas is a culinary secret worth sharing. Whether it is breakast - the best in town, lunch or dinner the Middle Easter/ North African inspired cuisine will delight.

cairns
“just perfect”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

last night in Auckland and after a few days of walking we wanted to be close by. We happened to walk by this place in the afternoon and decided to give it a go as it looked different. It turns out we could see it from our room. The food was great the service was good even though they were busy. my partner is allergic to capsicum but it was not a problem, rather than leaving that part of the sidedish out they came up with something else to replace it. Some wines available in 1/2 bottles , a good alternative in between 2 glasses and a full bottle.

• Visited January 2013
“Family friendly and very welcoming.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Thanks to the staff here. We were tired weary travellers and our little ones wheels had fallen off. We were welcomed and convinced to stay rather than have takeaway. We all really enjoyed trying Israeli food and can't say enough how welcoming and fantastic the staff are. Be aware they don't open Mondays (we had tried on an earlier visit to Auckland).