“wonderful food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eight at the Langham

Eight at the Langham
Ranked #31 of 2,198 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: European, New Zealand, International, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Eight at The Langham Auckland Join us at Eight for a unique dining experience featuring eight interactive kitchens, each offering the freshest quality ingredients. Dine at your own pace with as many courses and intervals as you like. Select a cut of the finest meat available and have it cooked to your taste at the grill or explore the exotic flavours from our Indian and Asian kitchens. Celebrate the sea's bounty at our seafood bar, enjoy freshly prepared sushi and sashimi made to order, then indulge your sweet-tooth with an exquisite array of sweets, desserts and pastries. Eight offers: Breakfast, lunch and dinner (open late) American-style grille* Asian & Indian specialties* A bountiful seafood & oyster bar* Fresh sushi and sashimi made to order* Salad selections* Exquisite sweets & hot and cold desserts* A chocolate fountain* Freshly prepared breads, rolls, pastries, waffles & pancakes* A la carte dining is also available and there is 24 hour in-room dining for guests. We cater for group bookings & celebrations. A smart but casual standard of dress is required in Eight. Children aged 5-12 years are half the adult price. Children 4 years and under dine free of charge.
Brisbane, Australia
“wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had both dinner and breakfast buffets at 8. The chefs and wait staff provided first class service. The food was fresh and beautifully cooked. Must go when in Auckland.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Byron bay
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Delicious fresh food prepared by chefs on the spot for you , the staff are so helpful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble , I had my partners 40 th there with 25 people , couldn't fault it , they were so good to us , nothing was too much problem and the food was fresh and beautiful !

Wellington, New Zealand
“Langham is something special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

There are hotels and then there are HOTELS. The Langham is somethime pretty special and our prefered place to stay and dine if we feel like indulging.

Auckland, New Zealand
“I've never gone away hungry.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I love eating at Eight. My favourite part is being able to choose from so many interactive kitchens as well as having the food cooked to my taste. I could spend hours and hours eating. I always manage to try lots of new foods as well as enjoying favourites. The staff were all friendly, except for the Indian Food station - in fact they only spoke to my husband and acted as if I didn't exist.

We also had breakfast at Eight this time and it was divine. We feasted on eggs (pefectly cooked and that was from the casserole dish not cooked then and there), bacon, hash browns, fresh fruit, waffles - I could go on and on. It did get very busy at breakfast, however I still find there is enough room to get to where you need to.

The staff are very attentive too - they were not so quick to be rude, but as soon as we finished a plate, they cleared it away and we received clean utensils. I'd definitely go back.

1 Thank Starlet_Auckland
auckland
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

What a fabulous restaurant. The food was delicious and such a variety of choices, can't say I've seen such an array of different kind of foods before. The staff were so friendly and helpful and we were so impressed. We had no problems or complaints whatsoever. Full marks Langham, we will be back.