“Loved Blue Elephant”

Blue Elephant Thai Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 2,353 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Auckland's taste sensation in a warm cosy atmosphere with great service. Whether for a romantic dinner or lunch, a catch up with friends or family or for business entertainment, we can cater for your needs. With seating capacity maxing out at around 40 to 50 (depending on seating arrangements), it is advisable to make a telephone reservation. The restaurant also offers great wines, cocktails, beers and a nice selection of teas. Open 7 nights (closed public holidays)
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a great meal at this restaurant celebrating a family birthday. Everyone loved the shared starters. A nice touch was that they increased the starters to 4 pieces, instead of 3 pieces. The thai curry was delicious and I loved the Pad Thai. We will go back.

1  Thank thomas d

Reviewed August 2, 2014

The food here is not your typical Thai food restaurant. I love Thai food - its one of me favorite but this is a completely new experience of Thai Cuisine. Beautiful presentation of food, prepared in very good time. The tastes and flavors are incredible, the service is very welcoming, Karen's memory is amazing. The setting is quaint, and the food is incredible value for money. I have been there a number of times taking new friends (its an excuse to go there again).

1  Thank Peekae
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My partner and I dined here a few months ago- this review is a little late in coming. Blue Elephant delivers very good Thai fusion cuisine in a very nice atmosphere. I suppose I would rate the surroundings (including service, which was very good) higher than the food itself, but would recommend this to anyone who wants a romantic evening out. But it will cost you- I recall gasping a bit when the bill arrived, but the portions were large enough I shrugged and chalked it up to the level of service received. I would definitely go again- I enjoyed the experience very much.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

One of the best in Auckland , but not as good as Australian Thai restaurants. Service was good , portions weren't very big. Restaurant is in a location in Parnell, plenty of other restaurants in this location. I had a red curry which was of good quality and a starter of chicken satay.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I ordered the pad thai because I'm a creature of habit and that's what I always order in thai restaurants. But this was several steps above everything I've tasted before. The favors blended perfectly. An almost 100 percent Asian customer clientele should tell you something. Go there!