“AMAZING.”

Blue Elephant Thai Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 2,354 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Auckland's taste sensation in a warm cosy atmosphere with great service. Whether for a romantic dinner or lunch, a catch up with friends or family or for business entertainment, we can cater for your needs. With seating capacity maxing out at around 40 to 50 (depending on seating arrangements), it is advisable to make a telephone reservation. The restaurant also offers great wines, cocktails, beers and a nice selection of teas. Open 7 nights (closed public holidays)
Reviewed June 29, 2014

So incredibly good! Redefined Thai food for both my wife and I, and we were not Thai rookies. Amazing lamb curry, fabulous pineapple fried rice! If you're in Auckland, make sure you eat here.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Went there for dinner in March and were pleasently surprised.

Very nice (and very Thai) menu friendly staff.

We had the fresh spring rolls and the prawn cakes for starters and the salmon and chef special chicken for main. All was very well prepared - actually this may be the best Thai food we have had outside Thailand.

As mentioned the staff was very friendly and attentive.
Had a little chat with one of the ladies. I mentioned that we had been to Thailand 8-10 times and asked her from where she came. She was quite sure that I did not know the city Khorat but I then could inform her that we knew this city in the Isan-area as we had been there twice. What a small world we are living in!

Actually we found the food and service so great that we go back for our last dinner in NZ on our return to Auckland.

If you like Thai food - do not hesitate but GO THERE.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Went there with my family dinner a couple of times. Parking was challenging up as Parnell is a busy street. I found the place was cosy and staff was welcoming. Food was presented well and it was very tasty. Good place to try Thai for sure.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Last month I went out to lunch with a couple of other friends and we were all very impressed with this restaurant. The menu had a great selection and I chose the cashew nut option with spring rolls. They were both delicious and you could tell the freshest, best ingredients had been used. Thought the portion size was generous too. Although there were more expensive options on the menu, I thought our lunch specials ($13.50-$17.50) were very reasonable for the quality food served.
The service was impeccable from the moment we walked in until leaving. Have to mention staff were beautifully dressed and groomed and appropriate for the Thai theme. They really know the menu so I found my questions were answered well without them having to check with the kitchen - YES!
I will be returning and the only thing I am sad about is I have to travel so far from out west but it's well worth it.

1  Thank Supermum2two
Reviewed June 7, 2014

It is so nice to go to a restaurant where, as soon as you walk in the door, you can simply tell you are going to have a wonderful experience.

Our expectations were high and I'm pleased to say they were exceeded. It was so nice to go to a serious Thai restaurant. I mean this in the best way, where everything cared for and themed, with beauty and style in the detail: Staff that were dressed in uniform with elephant sashes around their waists; blue elephant ceramic posie-holders on every table; blue straws in drinks and even blue plastic bags for takeaway meals!

For an entree, I had a proper Tom Yum Soup... perhaps the standout item of this exquisite meal. The Pineapple Fried Rice, complete with pork, raisins, and veges and laced with cashews, was extremely tasty and in quite another league from your standard fried rice meal! Proportions were generous: I couldn't have even contemplated a dessert!

Dinner at The Blue Elephant is more than a meal - it is a dining experience, and an affordable one at that, with mains coming in between $22-$29 a head.

This is seriously good Thai cuisine and I would strongly recommend The Blue Elephant.

2  Thank lachlaninnewzealand