“Always Excellent”

Blue Elephant Thai Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 2,272 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Auckland's taste sensation in a warm cosy atmosphere with great service. Whether for a romantic dinner or lunch, a catch up with friends or family or for business entertainment, we can cater for your needs. With seating capacity maxing out at around 40 to 50 (depending on seating arrangements), it is advisable to make a telephone reservation. The restaurant also offers great wines, cocktails, beers and a nice selection of teas. We also have a nice under cover outdoor area.
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Always Excellent”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've eaten at the Blue Elephant in Auckland many times and the service and food are always excellent. The setting is Thai styled, relaxing and comfortable. The menu is authentic Thai with a good range of dishes; I've eaten most of them on the menu and the food is consistently good. The chef will spice the food up or down as much as you like; I like mine hot and this is one of the few places I've eaten in New Zealand where when they spice it "Thai hot" (as opposed to "Kiwi hot") I struggle to eat is, but it really clears the pores.

My last meal at the Blue Elephant was the Pad Thai, I've eaten Pad Thai in restaurants all over the world, including a few in Thailand and the Blue Elephant Pad Thai is as good as any I've eaten and better than most.

The prices are extremely good for the quality of food and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone in Auckland.

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“The star restaurant of our 30 journey”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This highly rated restaurant is a tough ticket. Fortunately, our concierge at the Walforf was Thai, and she explained (in native tongue) that it was our anniversary. So, we were given a reservation for a quaint improvised 2-spot. When we arrived, we were greeted with anniversary wishes and apologies for the cozy corner (even though it was just fine).

We started off with Aroy Dee Thai Herb Wraps. Both my wife and I agreed that the flavors absolutely popped. Great start to the evening.

The Villa Maria Reserve Late Harvest Noble Riesling was a great compliment for our mains. The wife had Blue Elephant Steamed Spicy Seafood and I took the Steamed Fish with Lemon Dressing. We added the Blue Elephant Spicy Fried Rice.

We shut the place down and chatted with Karen for a while. What an amazingly strong and happy person.

This restaurant rivals any.

New York City, New York
“You must eat here”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The food was terrific and the service excellent. I totally recommend this restaurant. We had a soup, some starters and some entrees. We were too full for dessert. Everyone there was a local, which to me is a sign that it is a good restaurant and not a tourist trap. When our main course was not ready immediately after our starters (which we didn't expect anyway) the waitress apologized and brought us a free extra entree. Later when she heard my daughter loves elephants she brought over free elephant shaped cookies. And when we left a tip (not common in NZ, but can be done for good service) they wanted to return money because they thought we overpaid. If you go to one restaurant in Auckland, choose this one!!

Visited August 2013
“Best in Aucklandg”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've living in Auckland for 6 years and I had tried so many Thai restaurants before but I found the blue elephant is the best above of all. All the dishes were outstanding! I'd ordered the chubby young blue elephant, steam seafood and blue elephant friends and one bottle of wine. All the dishes were delicious and full of flavour. The restaurant is clean and nice atmosphere. The service was excellent with reasonable prices. Will be back!

Cromwell, New Zealand
“Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My son and daughter-in-law from Sydney arranged dinner here for my wife's 60th birthday. As we were out of town for a few days beforehand, they arranged for flowers to be delivered to the restaurant. They had not been delivered by the time the restaurant closed after lunchtime service, so Karen, the owner, waited behind until they were delivered. How about that for service!

The food was wonderful and the service was just incredible. I would say that this was probably the best dining experience I have had in New Zealand.

Can't say any more.