“Fantastic :-)”

and up
Auckland Harbour Bridge Climb
Ranked #22 of 129 Outdoor Activities in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: AJ Hackett Bungy offers exclusive access to the Auckland Harbour Bridge which stretches over the Westhaven Marina. Magnificent views of Auckland can be enjoyed on the Auckland Bridge Climb, an unforgettable adventure that takes climbers under, around, up and over the historic Auckland Harbour Bridge. This suspended span bridge was the last of its kind to be built in the world, comprised of 3000 berths and is the largest in the southern hemisphere. Custom engineered walkways provide a safe, enjoyable and easy-going experience while you listen to full commentary from your tour guide and enjoy the great photo opportunities and view Bungy Jumping up close.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic :-)”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have always wanted to climb the bridge but I am afraid of heights. My family organised this for my birthday. I was a little apprehensive at first but decided to do it.
I am so glad I did it. It was fantastic!!
The staff are lovely and make you feel relaxed. Our guide, Anna, was brilliant.....added humour to the tour.
The views from the bridge were spectacular!
I would recommend this to everyone......any age.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank AngelaSc0tt
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Climb, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Happy belated Bday Angela and thanks for your review! What a great memory for you to have. Well done on overcoming your fears. I'll pass on your thanks to Anna and the crew.

Auckland, New Zealand
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a great experience. Interesting, fun and enjoyable. I've always had a fascination with the Harbour Bridge since I was a small boy living on the North Shore in the 1950s. My Dad used to take me down to Birkenhead after school some days to watch it being built, then we walked across it the day before it opened to traffic in 1959. So this was something I've been wanting to do for a while. My family gave me a gift voucher for it for my recent 60th birthday and I'm so glad they did. I'm not good with heights but the whole walk is on very sturdy walkways and steps and you're wired on the whole time, so it's very safe and I wasn't worried at all. The guide was excellent and full of interesting information, but also made it good fun.
Altogether an excellent experience and something I would recommend to everyone - locals and visitors alike.

Visited June 2013
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Climb, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thanks for your review and recommendation Tim. We really appreciate hearing feedback like yours. It's great that you enjoyed your climb - what a great birthday present!
Nerang, Australia
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Completed the trifecta!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have already done the other 2 bridge climbs in the world being sydney and brisbane so this was on my list to do and I did on my 40th birthday. Easier climb than the other 2. Great activity for all to do.

Visited May 2013
Thanks for your review - what a great memory for your special birthday!
Rotorua, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Really Interesting Trip”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had the pleasure of doing both the Bridge Climb and Bungy and thoroughly enjoyed them both.
Despite living near the bridge for years I learnt quite a few things I didn't know on the climb. It was pretty cool being able to walk right over the apex and enjoy the view of the city and surrounds.
The Bungy was fun with a water touch option. I chose to be harnessed at the waist rather than the feet and did a somersault which was a cool feeling. I enjoyed it although it is hard to believe that looking at the photos which certainly captured my not so happy looking expression.

Visited May 2013
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Climb, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hi - thanks for your recent review. It's great that you enjoyed your Bridge Climb and Bungy, even as an Auckland local. I'm sure your photos will bring you much amusement in the future - enjoy!!
Hastings, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

An amazing experience with the AJ Hackett team last week. Despite showers and being very overcast it was so much fun, highly recommend this experience to all. Had a personal tour and loved every minute! Very well organised and highly professional. Great photo package. Worth the investment. Thanks Anneke - you are a legend!

1 Thank SarahHall773
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Climb, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thanks for your review Sarah! I'll pass your thanks onto Anneke.