“Great experience”

$98.34*
and up
Auckland Harbour Bridge Climb
More attraction details
Owner description: AJ Hackett Bungy offers exclusive access to the Auckland Harbour Bridge which stretches over the Westhaven Marina. Magnificent views of Auckland can be enjoyed on the Auckland Bridge Climb, an unforgettable adventure that takes climbers under, around, up and over the historic Auckland Harbour Bridge. This suspended span bridge was the last of its kind to be built in the world, comprised of 3000 berths and is the largest in the southern hemisphere. Custom engineered walkways provide a safe, enjoyable and easy-going experience while you listen to full commentary from your tour guide and enjoy the great photo opportunities and view Bungy Jumping up close.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a great experience. Interesting, fun and enjoyable. I've always had a fascination with the Harbour Bridge since I was a small boy living on the North Shore in the 1950s. My Dad used to take me down to Birkenhead after school some days to watch it being built, then we walked across it the day before it opened to traffic in 1959. So this was something I've been wanting to do for a while. My family gave me a gift voucher for it for my recent 60th birthday and I'm so glad they did. I'm not good with heights but the whole walk is on very sturdy walkways and steps and you're wired on the whole time, so it's very safe and I wasn't worried at all. The guide was excellent and full of interesting information, but also made it good fun.
Altogether an excellent experience and something I would recommend to everyone - locals and visitors alike.

AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Climb, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thanks for your review and recommendation Tim. We really appreciate hearing feedback like yours. It's great that you enjoyed your climb - what a great birthday present!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have already done the other 2 bridge climbs in the world being sydney and brisbane so this was on my list to do and I did on my 40th birthday. Easier climb than the other 2. Great activity for all to do.

Thanks for your review - what a great memory for your special birthday!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had the pleasure of doing both the Bridge Climb and Bungy and thoroughly enjoyed them both.
Despite living near the bridge for years I learnt quite a few things I didn't know on the climb. It was pretty cool being able to walk right over the apex and enjoy the view of the city and surrounds.
The Bungy was fun with a water touch option. I chose to be harnessed at the waist rather than the feet and did a somersault which was a cool feeling. I enjoyed it although it is hard to believe that looking at the photos which certainly captured my not so happy looking expression.

AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Climb, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Hi - thanks for your recent review. It's great that you enjoyed your Bridge Climb and Bungy, even as an Auckland local. I'm sure your photos will bring you much amusement in the future - enjoy!!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

An amazing experience with the AJ Hackett team last week. Despite showers and being very overcast it was so much fun, highly recommend this experience to all. Had a personal tour and loved every minute! Very well organised and highly professional. Great photo package. Worth the investment. Thanks Anneke - you are a legend!

1  Thank SarahHall773
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Climb, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thanks for your review Sarah! I'll pass your thanks onto Anneke.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Did this in 2012. It was included as part of our tour package. Not having undertaken a bridge climb we didn't really know what to expect. We saw the harnesses and to be honest assumed it was some physical climb on the outside the the structure, like abseiling.

The climb is relatively safe and well organised. Much of it involves climbing the internal parts of the bridge structure so you have to security of solid material around you. Calling it a climb is a bit of a misnomer. It's more a steep walk using a series of sloping walkways and steps. At all times we were secured with harnesses and had a good demonstration of how to remain secure at all times.

You are not allowed to take your cameras with you which is disappointing but totally understandable from a safety and commercial perspective.

There is a section of the walk that involves climbing on the apex of the bridge. The views here are spectacular, especially if you get a good day.

All walkers are provided with a jumpsuit. The only minor problem we had was that the company didn't really have a suitable one for my slightly rotund friend. She was slightly embarrassed as she was squeezed into a suit.

One obvious piece of advice. If you dislike heights you can do this. If you are terrified of heights perhaps take a moment to talk through that fear with the organisers before booking your ticket.

All in all, a very memorable experience.

1  Thank gemstoneIV_rocks
AJHackettB, Public Relations Manager at Auckland Bridge Climb, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hi - thanks for taking the time to write a review on your Bridge Climb. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience.