“Great Experience - wish I'd seen the whales” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Auckland Harbour Bridge Climb
Ranked #22 of 125 Outdoor Activities in Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: AJ Hackett Bungy offers exclusive access to the Auckland Harbour Bridge which stretches over the Westhaven Marina. Magnificent views of Auckland can be enjoyed on the Auckland Bridge Climb, an unforgettable adventure that takes climbers under, around, up and over the historic Auckland Harbour Bridge. This suspended span bridge was the last of its kind to be built in the world, comprised of 3000 berths and is the largest in the southern hemisphere. Custom engineered walkways provide a safe, enjoyable and easy-going experience while you listen to full commentary from your tour guide and enjoy the great photo opportunities and view Bungy Jumping up close.
Napier, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience - wish I'd seen the whales”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Awesome experience although I was extremely nervous re the height. Very informative guide who made me feel at ease. Really interesting history and like most big engineering projects great to see it up close including underneath the clip on sections which are amazing as they move with the traffic. The bungy instructors put on a demo as there were no public jumping at the time which was great if a little unnerving for me as the walk was a challenge re being outside my comfort zone. However if its your thing then a great place to do vit! highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Brian H

Toronto, Ontario
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great afternoon in Auckland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I took my daughter (9 years old) and her friend (10 years old) on the Bridge Climb at the beginning of October. We were picked up promptly at the Maritime Museum in Auckland CBD and transported to the bridge. Every person in the office who helped us both before and after the climb was amazing. They were so friendly and helpful, especially our guide, Lloyd. We were the only ones on the climb and Lloyd took great care to make the trip enjoyable. He gave us all sorts of interesting information along the way and very patiently answered all the girls' questions. The weather wasn't great, and I thought this might ruin the entire experience, but it had just the opposite effect. It made the climb very exciting! I was very impressed that the crew waited out the bad weather and strong winds that sprang up just after we started out, and got us to the top of the bridge after all. They could have easily canceled the climb, but they persevered and made sure we got the whole tour. They also made sure we were able to witness a bungy jump up close, even though one of their staff had to jump in absolutely horrible weather. They made a great effort all around, and now we have fantastic memories because of it. Thanks guys! (P.S. The girls want me to add that Lloyd is the "most awesome, coolest dude around!")

Visited October 2012
1 Thank FourPointsFamily
Boston
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“A very different, cool, safe and informative thing to do with awesome views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

If bungy jumping isn't your thing, do this. Apparently available in only 3 places in the world this is well worth it. The bridge is quite interesting and both technical types and not will enjoy it. The walk is easy and views great. Out guide was quite knowledgeable and my husband, an engineer, was happy with the adventure. They do sell you pictures afterwards but in this case they are worth it.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank islandgirl88
Gold Coast, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Must do in Auckland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

We were looking forward to the climb as we had recently climbed the Storey Bridge in Brisbane.
The rain had cleared but it was extremely windy. We had great views and witnessed a power boat race below - an added bonus.
I suggest doing this climb first to get a feel for the experience and then the Storey Bridge as it is bigger and more exciting.
The Sydney Harbour Bridge climb is next.
Very safe! Great guide.

1 Thank Eagle8204
Auckland Region, New Zealand
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A good bridge to climb”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

Beautiful views of the city, harbor, Rangitoto and the north shore. Some history and character to the bridge Bungee option available. Can be loud. Bridge moves and can strike you. Good for all ages.

Visited May 2011